Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions please!

• 21-04-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new bike. Seem to be going around in circles with bikes not in stock etc!

Looks like I've narrowed it down to two bikes. Will have to order online, won't have a chance to view them unfortunately.

Ragley Marley 2.0 and Orbea Laufey H30. Both 2020 models.

Would love to hear some opinions. Anyone ridden either? Major differences as far as I can tell is the Orbea has a dropper post and 140mm travel (vs 130mm on the Ragley). The Orbea is €100 odd more expensive.

Bike will be used for a bit of everything... coillte trails, bike parks, rough enough local bits and pieces and messing around at home (lots at the minute!).

All opinions welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

I have ridden the Ragley hardtail.

The geometry is very relaxed. I thought it was a very stable bike, really good at descending.

I was impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

both nice bikes ,similar geometry ,but ive ridden neither
    id go for the Orbea as you say has the dropper but is also 11 speed
    slx is quiet good too.
    might get a bike shop local selling Orbea too
    enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new bike. Seem to be going around in circles with bikes not in stock etc!

Looks like I've narrowed it down to two bikes. Will have to order online, won't have a chance to view them unfortunately.

Ragley Marley 2.0 and Orbea Laufey H30. Both 2020 models.

Would love to hear some opinions. Anyone ridden either? Major differences as far as I can tell is the Orbea has a dropper post and 140mm travel (vs 130mm on the Ragley). The Orbea is €100 odd more expensive.

Bike will be used for a bit of everything... coillte trails, bike parks, rough enough local bits and pieces and messing around at home (lots at the minute!).

All opinions welcomed. Thanks.

No help to offer, just checking where you are looking at the orbea? Any clues as to a good place to look would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 running_away

The edge sports had them and I think Rothar in Dublin too. Ragley on CRC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Bikeology in Naas are Orbea dealers.

I have the 2018 Laufey, but the geometry has been improved since, slacker with a longer reach, bike has been getting decent reviews but can't comment on the newer model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

The Bike Rack in Cabinteely also sell Ragley
    Mate of mine bought the Blue Pig from them, loves it

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. i sourced the Orbea, albeit in a higher spec from The Sports Room in Wicklow Town. Just waiting for the BTW scheme to go through.

Got the bike yesterday, a Laufey H10. The guys in the sports room were really helpful. Thanks to the OP for asking the question cause I had no clue where to start looking for a new bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭prunudo

oinkely wrote: »
    Got the bike yesterday, a Laufey H10. The guys in the sports room were really helpful. Thanks to the OP for asking the question cause I had no clue where to start looking for a new bike.

Were they able to do anything on the price compared to the orbea website or is it set in stone.

prunudo wrote: »
    Were they able to do anything on the price compared to the orbea website or is it set in stone.

I didn't ask as i was getting it on the BTW scheme so was happy with the amount. And i figured the shop could use the support at the moment too. He did knock a few quid off the pedals though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement