Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPv6 settings for Eir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickey_dodger

Hi,
    I too have been struggling in the past weeks to get IPv6 working on a Netgear D7000v2 with Eir Broadband FTTC. It works properly when using the Eir supplied F2000 modem router, but I can't get it to work properly on the D7000.
    The only setting on D7000 that works is Auto-Detect, which then shows an IPv6 LAN address for the router (no WAN address shown), but the D7000 shows that it auto detected a 6to4 tunnel, don't think this is correct as Eir provides native IPv6, which has been confrmed a few times in posts I have seen in this and other forums.
    When I choose Auto-Config or DHCP options, I don't get any IPv6 address, LAN nor WAN.
    My WAN setup is IPoE, which is how the F2000 is setup, the respond to ping on internet port option is enabled and IGMP Proxying is also enabled (but not significant for IPv6 as I understand it, this only signifys for IPv4).
    Finally this morning, I had been configuring a Draytek 2760 router that I bought for a few quid on eBay and I am getting better results. I believe that the router WAN config is correct as I can use the router diagnostics to ping an IPv6 website and it works! But I still seem to have a problem on the LAN side as I cannot ping from a Windows 10 PC (but curiously, I can ping from a LINUX PC that I have setup). There are several config options on the Draytek that I can play with, but if there is anyone out there who can offer some advice it would be appreciated.
    All I can recommend for the Ubiquiti setup is that Eir provides native IPv6 and for the Draytek WAN config I only had to select the option "DHCPv6Client" and the default settings that came with that. On the LAN side I guess it has to be either DHCPv6 or SLAAC..??
    Hope you have some success and if you learn anything useful, let me know...
    Otherwise, do you have a F2000 to connect and check it's IPv6 config to comapre with what is on your Ubiquiti?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Four different threads in BB in the last week, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

ED E wrote: »
    Four different threads in BB in the last week, really?

And one more totally unnecessary answer

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use the search function like I suggested, DHCPing independently for both will not work, the agg won't answer.

Hi,
    I too have been struggling in the past weeks to get IPv6 working on a Netgear D7000v2 with Eir Broadband FTTC. It works properly when using the Eir supplied F2000 modem router, but I can't get it to work properly on the D7000.
    The only setting on D7000 that works is Auto-Detect, which then shows an IPv6 LAN address for the router (no WAN address shown), but the D7000 shows that it auto detected a 6to4 tunnel, don't think this is correct as Eir provides native IPv6, which has been confrmed a few times in posts I have seen in this and other forums.
    When I choose Auto-Config or DHCP options, I don't get any IPv6 address, LAN nor WAN.
    My WAN setup is IPoE, which is how the F2000 is setup, the respond to ping on internet port option is enabled and IGMP Proxying is also enabled (but not significant for IPv6 as I understand it, this only signifys for IPv4).
    Finally this morning, I had been configuring a Draytek 2760 router that I bought for a few quid on eBay and I am getting better results. I believe that the router WAN config is correct as I can use the router diagnostics to ping an IPv6 website and it works! But I still seem to have a problem on the LAN side as I cannot ping from a Windows 10 PC (but curiously, I can ping from a LINUX PC that I have setup). There are several config options on the Draytek that I can play with, but if there is anyone out there who can offer some advice it would be appreciated.
    All I can recommend for the Ubiquiti setup is that Eir provides native IPv6 and for the Draytek WAN config I only had to select the option "DHCPv6Client" and the default settings that came with that. On the LAN side I guess it has to be either DHCPv6 or SLAAC..??
    Hope you have some success and if you learn anything useful, let me know...
    Otherwise, do you have a F2000 to connect and check it's IPv6 config to comapre with what is on your Ubiquiti?

Thank, I didn’t managed at all.

Try to look into the HTML code of the eir modem, found other tab but didn’t managed to access it.

The default IPV6 information they provide on the modem are pointless...

I think I might have to use the modem and DMZ to my UDM Pro, I’m not a fine of the idea but it’s the only way to get both IPv6 and SIP working (eir wouldn’t share VoIP setting anyway)

— I was hopping to use they modem as an IP client for VoIP but didn’t work, was also hopping they app “Eir talk” would connect to a remonte server rather than the local modem, but it’s seems that I was wrong

• Advertisement

It's seems that I managed ( I have a 10/10 on https://test-ipv6.com/)

so on top of adding DHCPv6 and Prefix Delegation size 64, I had to go on each VLAN and add the IPv6 settings and DNS (Im using Cloudflare)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭fmannix10

kevincork wrote: »
    It's seems that I managed ( I have a 10/10 on https://test-ipv6.com/)

so on top of adding DHCPv6 and Prefix Delegation size 64, I had to go on each VLAN and add the IPv6 settings and DNS (Im using Cloudflare)

Do I understand correctly that you got this working? Can you elaborate on what you mean by your last sentence? I have been struggling to to get this working on pfsense for a while now with no joy. I cant get the WAN interface to obtain an IPv6 address. I also tried with untangle but no joy there either.

Advertisement