Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge back for upcoming holiday

Options
  • 21-04-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

I have a deposit paid for a holiday and the bulk is still outstanding due to be paid in 7 days. I can only contact the travel agent by email and they are giving me the run around. Cancellation has terms and conditions attached and their dithering is moving me into a more punitive time frame. I have tried to discuss rebooking options but they are making it impossible to get information. I have on several occasions asked questions but they never answer them. I dont want the next 1k to come out of my account but also dont want to fall foul of there strangely written T&C. Holiday is scheduled for end of June

I have an email thread that can show my questions and the answers they have provided

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Very sorry to hear that this is your current situation. If the payment that is due to debit your account is a Direct Debit, you can certainly cancel this by following 'Manage Accounts' > 'Manage Direct Debits'. If the Direct Debit has left your account before, you can find it in your recent transactions and click on the orange plus sign to cancel any future Direct Debits. 

If the payment has been set up to debit your Visa Debit Card, then it would be necessary to contact the merchant directly as they will need to cancel this payment on their side. 

If the payment debits your account, and you are having difficulties contacting the merchant to issue you with a refund. You can certainly submit a Chargeback dispute form. I have attached a link here with more information on this and how you can complete this form. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement