Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more cash refunds, Goverment wants to forse a voucher on you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    so have you been refunded then and one of the very few who have? Nice to hear of someone at least, must be drawing names out hats over there in Swords

Check your spam folder. That’s where mail was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Ryanair and Aer Lingus and indeed any airline who are making it as dif****lt as possible to get refunds and keep offering vouchers are a disgrace, Ryanair is a very wealthy company and could be grounded for up to a year and still not go under, yet wont refund customers money they paid ,surely at some stage the government have to intervene here?

The only government intervention on the horizon is
    Heather Humphrey's proposal to to get you the passenger to fund the airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭limabromac

ted1 wrote: »
    I got offered a refund by Ryanair for a flight due next week. Option 2 was a voucher. Did you not get the option ?

Wow..would you be able to post the email to show the seperate options.... Don't think anyone been given this so you are lucky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Check your spam folder. That’s where mail was

my flight isnt close enough for me to get the email but expecting it any day now

More fool you for paying 12%. Where you going in a holiday ?

As for 12 months. That’s Incorrect it’s 24 months. 12 months to book, but you can book 12 months in advance

It's 12 months. If I don't book in 12 months the airlines takes my money.

As you say yourself "more fool me" to let them have my money for nothing.

Small claims court should fix this BS.

The arrogance of the airlines is truly astonishing, they break the law and think they can dictate when they can just take my money.

• Advertisement

paddy19 wrote: »
    It's 12 months. If I don't book in 12 months the airlines takes my money.

As you say yourself "more fool me" to let them have my money for nothing.

Small claims court should fix this BS.

The arrogance of the airlines is truly astonishing, they break the law and think they can dictate when they can just take my money.

Book in 12 months a fly 12 months after that

dennyk wrote: »
    The EU regulations are very clear on this point; reimbursement must be paid in cash or by bank transfer, bank order, or cheques, unless the passenger explicitly agrees in writing to accept a voucher or other non-cash compensation in lieu of a reimbursement:

Also note that the reimbursement must be provided within seven days, so all the airlines' current delaying tactics are already in violation of the regulation even if they do eventually cave and provide a cash refund. I'd guess few if any will face any penalties on that score, though, as they'll no doubt argue it was due to unprecedented demand and lack of staff and such (and that could well be a reasonable enough argument under these circumstances).

Thanks for all the EU261 references.

This lack of staff BS really winds me up.

This delay has nothing to do with Covid, computers, programmers, people working at home.

The refund process could be automated by a junior programmer in a few days.
    (MOL has 300 hot shot programmers in Ryanair Labs.)

The purchaser puts in all the information on the refund form.

The process verifies that booking was valid, was paid for, the flight was cancelled.

Process refund.

The airline wants to flog you a crappy voucher that takes your money after 12 months if you don't book.

They hope that by putting an indefinite delay on cash refunds (MOL will decide when Covid has abated) lots of folk will succumb and buy the vouchers..

my flight isnt close enough for me to get the email but expecting it any day now

Mine was 1May

paddy19 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the EU261 references.

This lack of staff BS really winds me up.

This delay has nothing to do with Covid, computers, programmers, people working at home.

The refund process could be automated by a junior programmer in a few days.
    (MOL has 300 hot shot programmers in Ryanair Labs.)

The purchaser puts in all the information on the refund form.

The process verifies that booking was valid, was paid for, the flight was cancelled.

Process refund.

The airline wants to flog you a crappy voucher that takes your money after 12 months if you don't book.

They hope that by putting an indefinite delay on cash refunds (MOL will decide when Covid has abated) lots of folk will succumb and buy the vouchers..

When were you due to fly ? And did you check your spam folder ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Always love post like the OP

Whine, whine whine again. Then whine some more.

Then when some airlines close due to people insisting on immediate refunds, airfares increase due to less competition and people like the op start whining again about fares being higher.

Seems for the OP, there is no pandemic and everything is normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I got offered a refund by Ryanair for a flight due next week. Option 2 was a voucher. Did you not get the option ?

Absolutely no one in here has gotten a refund or offered one outright.or any options for one.it would be great if you could post the ryanair correspondence giving you the refund if you are willing to do it?id love to see it.

Book in 12 months a fly 12 months after that

What or who gives MOL the right to tell me how and when I should spend my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When were you due to fly ? And did you check your spam folder ?

You are in a tiny minority, we were due to fly April 1st and I only got the voucher offer too, I check my spam folder every day and of course nothing there from Ryanair.

You are in a tiny minority, we were due to fly April 1st and I only got the voucher offer too, I check my spam folder every day and of course nothing there from Ryanair.

Put in a refund. Details here: https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/travel-info/help-centre-for-winter-schedule-changes

There’s a 20 day turn around at the moment

Much easier than wasting 25 euro in the SCC

silver2020 wrote: »
    Always love post like the OP

Whine, whine whine again. Then whine some more.

Then when some airlines close due to people insisting on immediate refunds, airfares increase due to less competition and people like the op start whining again about fares being higher.

you have no idea what financial situation some people are in

people are out of work, paying bills and this money could help them get through the month

save your sarcasm for yourself, if you can afford to lose it then thats up to you

Absolutely no one in here has gotten a refund or offered one outright.or any options for one.it would be great if you could post the ryanair correspondence giving you the refund if you are willing to do it?id love to see it.

I posted a screenshot of the mail.
    The following confirmation was received

Put in a refund. Details here: https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/travel-info/help-centre-for-winter-schedule-changes

handy link thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Mine was 1May

This is the same e-mail that I received weeks ago. It's the original BS email that links to the refund, in another few weeks you'll have apologies and assurances that your money is on the way, then another few weeks after that a voucher will land in your inbox but no refund

I of course filled in the refund option March 20 and contacted them twice since then, like everyone else got the email saying it was coming then the voucher email 2 days ago, no one is getting refunded. Look on Facebook, look at media articles.

I posted a screenshot of the mail.
    The following confirmation was received

Yea we all got that.well those of us in line for it all got it.i got two emails promising a refund like that.
    So you got cash back into your account as well?

• Advertisement

Handy link but it leads you to the form that we all have already filled out :)

That is the refund form I filled in originally, no point in doing it again.

I took the voucher.

I fly every single month with Ryanair. Only airline that services where I am going direct from Dublin so for me the voucher is pretty much just changing the flight to later in the year. I would have had to buy one anyway.

That said, that's only fine for me, what about the occasion flyer? Set Linus are offering an extra 10% on the price, Ryanair? Voucher with restrictions. Not good enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I took the voucher.

I fly every single month with Ryanair. Only airline that services where I am going direct from Dublin so for me the voucher is pretty much just changing the flight to later in the year. I would have had to buy one anyway.

That said, that's only fine for me, what about the occasion flyer? Set Linus are offering an extra 10% on the price, Ryanair? Voucher with restrictions. Not good enough!

do you have to accept the voucher or is the voucher number they send in the email good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭limabromac

Mine was 1May

There is 2 options on that email.. 1..refund 2. Change flight for free....
    That's the email I received on the 1st April.. I applied for a refund... I received an email a week after saying that they are working on the refunds but because of the pandemic it will a bit longer for s refund but to rest assured... 20th April I received a voucher.... I never applied for a vocuher....
    On the new email it's is calling it Your Voucher....there is a link to ask for a refund but you have to go to the chat room to say you don't want the voucher....

pgj2015 wrote: »
    do you have to accept the voucher or is the voucher number they send in the email good enough?

You need to click to accept I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

amdublin wrote: »
    You can't get blood from a stone.

You could try. Bankrupt the airlines. Stand in line with all the other creditors.

id much rather a voucher for an equal value flight in future than watch the tax man and the oil company get paid out of my pocket and staff lose jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

id much rather a voucher for an equal value flight in future than watch the tax man and the oil company get paid out of my pocket and staff lose jobs.

5 year life span voucher would keep me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Fann Linn wrote: »
    5 year life span voucher would keep me happy.

or even double value in miles , let me upgrade to business class on my next 2-3 flights for free etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Teena20

limabromac wrote: »
    There is 2 options on that email.. 1..refund 2. Change flight for free....
    That's the email I received on the 1st April.. I applied for a refund... I received an email a week after saying that they are working on the refunds but because of the pandemic it will a bit longer for s refund but to rest assured... 20th April I received a voucher.... I never applied for a vocuher....
    On the new email it's is calling it Your Voucher....there is a link to ask for a refund but you have to go to the chat room to say you don't want the voucher....
    hi.. i got the same as you posted above....Like everyone I want my refund and applied when it was first "offered"...I haven't clicked the link to accept "my voucher" in the most recent email or the new refund link... i'm hoping maybe my original application for refund will still stand... i'll wait out the 20 days for processing (nearly there) and then wait for the 5-7 days after to see will it land back in my account. If nothing refunded, i'll go down the SCC route then as been advised on here, which i'm grateful for..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement