Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin and ASTEC 65D

Options
  • 21-04-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi All

This may have been asked before, but I need a plain English answer please.
    I have an ASTEC65D monitored alarm. It worked fine with Virgin to dial out (the old Thompson router, grey box). When I upgraded to the new white Virgin 3.0 hub, it does not dial out. I am told that the new hub is VOIP and that is why. I thought to be fair the old router was VOIP too and it worked.

What can I do? Is there an effective add on/work around or will I have to upgrade to something newer? I have contacted the installer and they recommend a new set up. I think they may have misunderstood my request or am I wrong? Is this just the cost of life in the new age?

Question: Can I get work around for the ASTEC65D or must I upgrade the control box?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Hi All

This may have been asked before, but I need a plain English answer please.
    I have an ASTEC65D monitored alarm. It worked fine with Virgin to dial out (the old Thompson router, grey box). When I upgraded to the new white Virgin 3.0 hub, it does not dial out. I am told that the new hub is VOIP and that is why. I thought to be fair the old router was VOIP too and it worked.

What can I do? Is there an effective add on/work around or will I have to upgrade to something newer? I have contacted the installer and they recommend a new set up. I think they may have misunderstood my request or am I wrong? Is this just the cost of life in the new age?

Question: Can I get work around for the ASTEC65D or must I upgrade the control box?

Many thanks in advance.

What phone port have you it in?
    I've an analog phone plugged into port 1 on the white hub and works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Many thanks, it is in Tel 1, I think I may have some loose wires. Something I will have to pull it out a the weekend and have a better look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Many thanks, it is in Tel 1, I think I may have some loose wires. Something I will have to pull it out a the weekend and have a better look.

If you plug a handset into port 1 does it work?
    Maybe a cable issue you have if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Many thanks to all. I tidied up the wires at the weekend to find a loose one. All back in place and working now.

Advertisement