Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S10 to iphone 11 data transfer problems

• 21-04-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Found out the "move to ios" app no long works with Android 9 or later...

so thats that i guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Gru wrote: »
    Found out the "move to ios" app no long works with Android 9 or later...

so thats that i guess.

I moved from android 10 to iOS and used that app with no problems. What’s app messages was the only thing I couldn’t restore from google drive.

It transfers contacts, text messages and photos over to iOS no problems. I didn’t bother with the photos as I have google photos on the iPhone.

I did this last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

cowlick wrote: »
    I moved from android 10 to iOS and used that app with no problems. What’s app messages was the only thing I couldn’t restore from google drive.

It transfers contacts, text messages and photos over to iOS no problems. I didn’t bother with the photos as I have google photos on the iPhone.

I did this last week.

Yeah apparently after Android pie 9 it works sometimes (more not than works)

but it would not once work or connect from the S10 (running the newest software updates), i tried every setting, forcing the connection, turning on (and off) airplane mode, making sure they were on the same WLAN, turning the device off and on again (although i didn't see the point in that), tried the password entry, tried changing every connection settings on and off, nothing was working.

When i saw that from Android 9 it broke the app more i moved the contents of the S10 onto an older S8, and then used that to move the content to ios and it worked perfectly, i didn't transfer photo's either but with the S10 i couldn't even get to that step it just wouldn't connect, and samsung smart switch backups couldn't be read or imported into itunes.

but still it's done now at least, so my solution was find an older/middle-man device and use that to transfer if others are having the same issues i had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I moved a Pixel 3 over to iOS recently with no issues.

Advertisement