Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Northern Ireland advice please

• 21-04-2020 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello
    I have been separated from my partner (for a long time really) but we still live in the same house. Its toxic as you can imagine and we have a little girl so really not ideal.

The reason I am still there is I have nowhere else to go. I cannot afford to rent in Dublin and cant get any help as we own the house we are in. Im going through legal proceedings in relation to this but its very slow. The lockdown has been scary as he is a real bully (not physical).

My family are in the North and usually I have found a house I can actually afford to rent. Close to family and support (i have none in dublin)
    I dont really want to leave Dublin but I cannot stay in this house. At 40 i basically live in my bedroom. He has locked the bathroom so i do not have access to the shower. His behaviour is quite scary. I do not want to 'take his child away' and will not stop any access etc. He says he will 'have me' for child adbuction if i go. I would be moving 2 hours away. Cork would be more but there would be no child adbuction case as its not technically a different country.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice
    Is moving child adbuction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ani1234 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have been separated from my partner (for a long time really) but we still live in the same house. Its toxic as you can imagine and we have a little girl so really not ideal.

The reason I am still there is I have nowhere else to go. I cannot afford to rent in Dublin and cant get any help as we own the house we are in. Im going through legal proceedings in relation to this but its very slow. The lockdown has been scary as he is a real bully (not physical).

My family are in the North and usually I have found a house I can actually afford to rent. Close to family and support (i have none in dublin)
    I dont really want to leave Dublin but I cannot stay in this house. At 40 i basically live in my bedroom. He has locked the bathroom so i do not have access to the shower. His behaviour is quite scary. I do not want to 'take his child away' and will not stop any access etc. He says he will 'have me' for child adbuction if i go. I would be moving 2 hours away. Cork would be more but there would be no child adbuction case as its not technically a different country.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice
    Is moving child adbuction?

Not being able to use the bathroom is a sign of domestic abuse. First and foremost if in immediate danger, best to contact the Gardaí or call 999. Otherwise, contacting the Women’s Aid national helpline on 1800 341 900 might be able to answer this question. Hope you're okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Wholeheartedly agree with Father H. You need to get the hell out of there.

Advertisement