Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Mesh

Options
  • 21-04-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking at ways of improving the wifi coverage in my house.

I was looking at the google mesh system and wanted to know if it was any good or if there was any other comparable systems available.

I already have an extender in the house to cover a blackspot but it can be hit and miss.

I have an eir router and an extender already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Did you end up going with the Google mesh kala?
    Am looking at getting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

No still deciding.

There is another comprehensive thread on WiFi mesh in Internet of things section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

No still deciding.

There is another comprehensive thread on WiFi mesh in Internet of things section.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Thanks - think I found it.
    Posting link here for others who may be interested: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072654

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I have it working with Virgin (router in modem mode) and it's been excellent. The app is simple to use and intuitive, yet it has some advanced features if you need them. The ability to remote check your status is a big plus for me with 30 devices always connected. I use 4 points in my house, all tethered to my 1Gbps backhaul CAT5e in the house. I've never once had an issue with coverage or speeds, its very reliable.

Newer points have Google Home speakers built in (I have gen1) which also integrates with the Home app (mine don't) but I'm ok with keeping that part seperate as I have a Google speaker in each room anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement