Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bren gun mags

Options
  • 21-04-2020 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi lads im looking for some magazine springs for a project and came across Bren mags at about 3 euro a piece from the uk which is by far cheaper than buying a magazine spring by itself
    Im assuming its not permissible to own or import these magazines especially since the whole 10 round EU directive?
    My project btw lads is i got a few banjaxed mags for next to nothing springs missing and bottom plates so thought id try to make them workable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Unless you happen to own a functioning BREN LMG for them for them... Then yes you can own the mags of ANY type or capacity for any firearm under the EU directive.There are actually people who collect firearm mags rather than the entire firearm in the EU,as it is easier to own mags in some cases than the whole gun.
    Where it becomes a problem is if you have the HC mag for a firearm in CAT B of the new directive.

Add to this Irish firearms law.They are technically firearms components,and I take it you dont have a Deact or live BREN on your tickets? So why do you want Bren mags would be the question,our dear overseers would be asking?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement