Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climber help

Options
  • 21-04-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I have two neglected climbers.

Can someone ID them and advise how to proceed with pruning/cutting back please? I’ve attached two pics of each

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Winter Jasmine and Summer Jasmine..they can both be tidied back now. Feed them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Winter Jasmine and Summer Jasmine..they can both be tidied back now. Feed them well.

Can they be cut back hard? Particularly the second one as a lot of the growth is at high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Can they be cut back hard? Particularly the second one as a lot of the growth is at high level.

That's pretty typical for Jasmine as it's simply growing to where there's the most light. I wouldn't go too mad on the pruning yet, feed them well first and then if you get some fresh growth at the bottom you can gradually reduce the height.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

That's pretty typical for Jasmine as it's simply growing to where there's the most light. I wouldn't go too mad on the pruning yet, feed them well first and then if you get some fresh growth at the bottom you can gradually reduce the height.

Perfect - thanks

Advertisement