Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Child Abuse

Options
  • 21-04-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

<snip>

Nothing left to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Yeah, I'm not clicking on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

mikhail wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not clicking on that.

Words

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's the clearly pissed young fella knocking back a Corona..

It's pathetic

But cultural.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

<snip>

Nothing left to say.

Absolutely - obvious there is no social distancing happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's the clearly pissed young fella knocking back a Corona..

It's pathetic

But cultural.

*child

It's neglect and child abuse. We'd both have that child removed from us and potentially incarcerated if it wasn't 'cultural'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

Here's one I reported to the Gardai and You Tube months ago citing child abuse. It's still online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgRjqHK0wns

I must be a racist because I disapprove of this kind of thing. Sure it's part of their culture

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Child should be taken into state care. He can't be more than 10 or 11 years old. It's not like it's a 16 or 17 year old having a glass with their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

• Registered Users Posts: 34,350 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That’s just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

So, think the strategy through. I’ve seen nothing but vitriol towards travellers on boards, even once I suggested that every child deserves a chance, even traveller children, and I was absolutely shot down. So now, hypothetically remove a traveller child from their families, and who is going to foster them and give them a chance? There’s a lot more to removing these kids than just removing them.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    So, think the strategy through. I’ve seen nothing but vitriol towards travellers on boards, even once I suggested that every child deserves a chance, even traveller children, and I was absolutely shot down. So now, hypothetically remove a traveller child from their families, and who is going to foster them and give them a chance? There’s a lot more to removing these kids than just removing them.

This is true, by age six it's next to impossible to find someone capable of fostering them. The child's view on the world is already far too distorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There was 3 videos in that bunch of clips, did you see them social distancing in spar.
    Tbh that chap is in his 20's in our years, we can't judge.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Are you sure its a Traveller?

He used the bin to dispose of his rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

That video is disgusting. I did come across before though that there is no legal age for drinking at home with parental consent possibly > 5yrs though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

Scum

That video is disgusting. I did come across before though that there is no legal age for drinking at home with parental consent possibly > 5yrs though.

I believe this is true. But would what is seen in this video legally be considered child abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I believe this is true. But would what is seen in this video legally be considered child abuse?
    I 100% agree. I felt sick after watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

The child looked drunk in that video I wouldn't say that was his first.

I 100% agree. I felt sick after watching it.

Lets say they were to fine or even impose a custodial sentence on the parents.

What then for the child? I could be wrong but I would have my doubts of being able to find a suitable foster home for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Murt10 wrote: »
    Here's one I reported to the Gardai and You Tube months ago citing child abuse. It's still online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgRjqHK0wns

I must be a racist because I disapprove of this kind of thing. Sure it's part of their culture

He’s in jail now anyway (albeit for something else)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-charged-with-murder-deeply-regretted-death-court-told-1.4230908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Child should be taken into state care. He can't be more than 10 or 11 years old. It's not like it's a 16 or 17 year old having a glass with their parents.

Who ever tries that know they'll be destroyed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Getting drunk like that at such an early age is going to kill a lot of brain cells, poor fcuker doesn't stand a chance.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've no idea why anyone thought this was a topic for "discussion"

OP - you did not even comment yourself - just posted a picture from a dodgy site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement