Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public pay phone in Letterkenny?

• 22-04-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Are there any (working) public pay phones left in Letterkenny?

I need to use one tomorrow morning 😳

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I haven't seen a payphone in many, many years. I'm pretty sure they don't exist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

There was one in the bus station but i wouldnt be sure if its still there. There are a couple inside the main enterance to the shopping centre but not sure if they done away with them when Costa opened? Not sure about the Courtyard

I wonder would there be ones in the hospital??

Im not much help to you, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are a total of two outdoor Eir payphone sites in the entire county (https://www.eir.ie/regulatoryinformation/public-payphones/) so you may be on the hunt for the impossible here now.

You do sometimes find them inside Tesco stores behind the tills that aren't considered normal payphones and hence never in those stats though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭salonfire

Check inside the old Dunnes is the payphone still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

I think there's one in the courtyard, I'm not sure it's for staff only or what, and I might have imagined it - haven't been to it in weeks.

There's a phone box that's probably broken across the road from the stationary shop past the old marketplace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement