Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have no issue with it but i wish I could get my glasses to stop steaming up.

If you find a way, please let me know!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I think there very much is harm in compelling people in that way.

The lockdowners have no sense of proportion, but anyone who is even the least bit concerned about the future of civil liberties in this country will take serious issue with compelling people to wear something. Especially when only a few weeks ago the government was strongly advising against it.

It’s a sad day when those of us with legitimate concerns about the limits of state power are thrown together with Gemma O’Doherty.

And an industry is springing up with every manner of ridiculous face covering. I’ve seen silk ones! Anyone ever looked at these fabrics under a microscope? Using pseudoscience to make law, incredibly scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Irish Aris wrote: »
    If you find a way, please let me know!!!!:D
    take the glasses off :p might work

sorry, i wear glasses too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Hooked

robbiezero wrote: »
    Just back from my daily trot in St Annes Park there.Seeing a good few front gardens with people having visitors. Household sitting at one end of garden and visitors sitting at other.
    Its good to see. People are using their common sense while playing it safe.

THIS!

I'll be meeting up with the lads later tonight. 2m distances, bring our own beer and snacks. Prob bring my camp chairs, so as to further play my part.

It is possible to apply social distancing, good hygiene and enjoy a beer with friends, while being safe. The current "roadmap" is a crock of shîte.

I might even chance a drive down the coast tomorrow. What flückin' harm am I doing IN my own van, and mixing with ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

My aggressive friend, this thread would be 30% shorter without you :)

So you will completely ignore virologists from US, Germany, Finland, Cyprus who say that from their study of MILLIONS of people, concluded mortality rate of 0.3% is evident?

What experts are unable to calculate mortality rate - Tony cervical check Holohan? Simon stay at home Harris?

You can win this argument, we both know you really want to as you seem to be very angry with me, just link some studies showing 5% mortality? Link some scientific studies showing 2% mortality? Link something that shows a higher mortality than 0.8%.

https://unherd.com/thepost/german-virologist-finds-covid-fatality-rate-of-0-24-0-36/

Ah you are projecting again I see. Just because someone may be aggressive does not mean others are the same as you - you know. And funnily enough you are probably the most prolific poster on this thread :D:

It's not the experts I cast into doubt btw. Its your rubbish claims of a global mortality rate and no no one is "angry" with you - even for that lol.

*Hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Went to the Supermarket for my weekly big shop today. First time I've seen kids in there for 2 months (2 x father and young daughter).
    Noticed footfall in the village was very high as I drove through and traffic on the road much busier also.

Went for a cycle the other evening and there was approx 100 people sitting around the canal area at Portobello enjoying the sun drinking, most of them in groups.

This lock down is done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

growleaves wrote: »

Could have swore at one stage we were following the South Korea model according to Leo, seemed to have abandoned that one.

Great to see though things getting back to a level of normality in a lot of places, even behind closed doors is good to see, I see Germany is starting in 2 weeks also even though a few were gloomily predicting no such thing as return to football or any sport for 2020, good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

gozunda wrote: »
    Ah you are projecting again I see. Just because you are aggressive does not mean others are the same as you - you know. And funnily enough you are probably the most prolific poster on this thread :D:

It's not the experts I cast into doubt btw. Its your rubbish claims of a global mortality rate and no no one is "angry" with you - even for that lol.

*Hugs*

You wont be providing any links to disprove mortality rates of 0.3%? You love calling this thing GLOBAL PANDEMIC

You are not having a great time today are you

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

easypazz wrote: »
    Two more gloomers bite the dust. Dropping like flies today.

Mod: Quit it with the browbeat-other-posters-to-death attitude. If you continue posting low-brow one-liners, I'll ban you from the thread.

jay0109 wrote: »
    Went to the Supermarket for my weekly big shop today. First time I've seen kids in there for 2 months (2 x father and young daughter).
    Noticed footfall in the village was very high as I drove through and traffic on the road much busier also.

Went for a cycle the other evening and there was approx 100 people sitting around the canal area at Portobello enjoying the sun drinking, most of them in groups.

This lock down is done

OMG. That is. GENIUS.

#thislockdownisdone

We gotta get this trending! FG please read this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Hooked

This lock down is done

Hearing this annoys me...

I HATE the roadmap, and think the CMO, Leo and Simon are tools.

BUT - I will continue to social distance, use PPE where necessary and stick to just my immediate family group. This virus is gonna be here for a while.

People think restrictions lifting = virus is waving us goodbye.

We really have made a complete MESS of the "message" here!

Hooked wrote: »

We really have made a complete MESS of the "message" here!

That's true.

People have had enough plus they smell weakening of the Govt's stance on this. So the unwind just starts to develop among the populace.

The Govt will have to use damage control on this now and pretend they're still making the decisions by bringing forward the official easing of restrictions. Snowball effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Why Charlie Baker says he decided to open up Massachusetts golf courses
    The announcement that courses would be permitted to open, even though they are not considered essential businesses under the state’s coronavirus order, comes days after two golf courses in Central Massachusetts announced plans to defy Baker’s order and open for play.

Ivan Yates on Newstalk now - great material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTSl6vxlYA

Says the leaving cert fiasco will end up in courts. it's like our government want to accumulate Guinness world record number of court cases against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You wont be providing any links to disprove mortality rates of 0.3%? You love calling this thing GLOBAL PANDEMIC
    You are not having a great time today are you:

You do know it's up to you to prove your unfounded claims yes

And it's not me calling it a global pandemic btw. I know you dont like that but hey we cant all get our own way now can we

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/who-declares-the-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-pandemic.html

I'd say you're not having a good time at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

OMG. That is. GENIUS.

#thislockdownisdone

We gotta get this trending! FG please read this

This is the thing. We will have 500 people drinking outside the likes of the barge pub on the canal and Cervicalcheck Holohan on RTE saying we can't open the bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

This lock down is done

You'll be blaming the HSE and government in a few weeks when cases are out of control.

"'Can the Gubberment not do antin righ"

Says the leaving cert fiasco will end up in courts. it's like our government want to accumulate Guinness world record number of court cases against them.

I think no matter what happened with leaving cert you were always going to get some disgruntled parent who is going to take them to court

gozunda wrote: »
    You do know it's up to you to prove your unfounded claims yes lol

And it's not me calling it a global pandemic btw. I know you dont like that but hey we cant all get our own way now can we

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/who-declares-the-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-pandemic.html

I'd say your not having s good time at all :D

You cant possibly be providing links of what WHO say? They said banning travel from China was a bad idea. I really like talking to you btw :pac::pac::pac:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-who/who-chief-says-widespread-travel-bans-not-needed-to-beat-china-virus-idUSKBN1ZX1H3

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Hearing this annoys me...

I HATE the roadmap, and think the CMO, Leo and Simon are tools.

BUT - I will continue to social distance, use PPE where necessary and stick to just my immediate family group.
    Hooked wrote:
    I'll be meeting up with the lads later tonight. 2m distances, bring our own beer and snacks. Prob bring my camp chairs, so as to further play my part.

Say what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

THIS!

It is possible to apply social distancing, good hygiene and enjoy a beer with friends, while being safe. The current "roadmap" is a crock of shîte.

I might even chance a drive down the coast tomorrow. What flückin' harm am I doing IN my own van, and mixing with ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!!

Because not everyone is as responsible as you. If the government give an inch people would take a mile.

easypazz wrote: »
    This is the thing. We will have 500 people drinking outside the likes of the barge pub on the canal and Cervicalcheck Holohan on RTE saying we can't open the bars.

Well just dont go blaming government if cases increase in a few weeks or months.

I think we could open a few more things too a little more quickly but would need to be careful. I think government are doing a decent job.

Testing needs to be ready to go when we open things up though and results back quicker as well as contact tracing.

They are never going to get it fully right with a few on here no matter what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The Leaving Cert fiasco should never have happened and is another instance of the government believing their own hysteria and scaremongering around covid 19.

There must be at least 10 classrooms in every school. Even with 100 students, you could break it up into 10 per class room and that's only for the core subjects. Top up the invigilators with Junior Cert ones and a couple more.

For the lesser subjects you might have only 10 or 20 students which is one or two classrooms.

Keep desks far apart and have regular hand sanitizing. Desks wiped, door handles etc wiped after.

The threat of infection particularly now is minimal. Anyone who is infected can repeat the exam in the Autumn.

Punishing 60,000 students for a minimal threat of infection is not the way forward.

Government and media scaremongering have created the leaving cert mess.

You'll be blaming the HSE and government in a few weeks when cases are out of control.

"'Can the Gubberment not do antin righ"

I'll be blaming no one your Lordship. I'm just reporting what I see.

I'm still working from home, not leaving the house except for the supermarket runs or a walk/run. The rest of my household observing the rules too.
    But will prob chuck the towel in after a few more weeks of seeing everyone else having reverted to the new normal

fatalll wrote: »
    I think no matter what happened with leaving cert you were always going to get some disgruntled parent who is going to take them to court

It just discredits the students. Future interviews they ll provide "predicted grades" from their teacher. And word out there now is that 70% of predicted grades will grade students HIGHER than what they would've gotten in the exam. Now imagine if someone who did leaving cert in summer 2019 applies for the job also? Both have similar grades - who will get the job?

Leeway so to speak.

Ivan Yates is really not happy, it was meant to go ahead 29th of July. Thats over 2 months and 3 weeks from now. This sort of measure is absolutely insane given such longer period of time.

The Leaving Cert fiasco should never have happened and is another instance of the government believing their own hysteria and scaremongering around covid 19.

There must be at least 10 classrooms in every school. Even with 100 students, you could break it up into 10 per class room and that's only for the core subjects. Top up the invigilators with Junior Cert ones and a couple more.

For the lesser subjects you might have only 10 or 20 students which is one or two classrooms.

Keep desks far apart and have regular hand sanitizing. Dsks wiped, door handles etc wiped down after.

The threat of infection particularly now is minimal.

I dont think the problem is the actual exams but the travelling to/from and people going into and out of room etc.

Its not as simple as you are trying to make out

again, they wanted to try run it, they were damned either way

Keep desks far apart and have regular hand sanitizing. Desks wiped, door handles etc wiped after.

The threat of infection particularly now is minimal. Anyone who is infected can repeat the exam in the Autumn.

Punishing 60,000 students for a minimal threat of infection. Usual nonsense.

Peak snowflake. The now standard catch all excuse of 'mental health' thrown in to seal the deal.

It just discredits the students. Future interviews they ll provide "predicted grades" from their teacher. And word out there now is that 70% of predicted grades will grade students HIGHER than what they would've gotten in the exam. Now imagine if someone who did leaving cert in summer 2019 applies for the job also? Both have similar grades - who will get the job?

Leeway so to speak.

Ivan Yates is really not happy, it was meant to go ahead 29th of July. Thats over 2 months and 3 weeks from now. This sort of measure is absolutely insane given such longer period of time.

Ah Ivan is not happy at the best of times. :p
    Look I would give employers a bit more kudos on who they hire. They will look at college exams etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Peak snowflake. The now standard catch all excuse of 'mental health' thrown in to seal the deal.

Leaving cert. could have been scheduled as normal.

If the circumstances dictate closer to the time then cancel it.

Plenty of time to plan for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Punishing 60,000 students for a minimal threat of infection is not the way forward.

Government and media scaremongering have created the leaving cert mess.

Exactly. Not enough attention has been paid to the way the government have instilled panic in people unnecessarily. I have not seen a single instance of a politician scolding the media for sensationalising and scaremongering except for... god, don’t make me say it... Trump. What an ironic turn of events.

If only Trump had taken the view that this was a huge threat the media would have downplayed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement