Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch question re sharing games

Options
  • 22-04-2020 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've tried to search for the answer to this but can't get a straight answer.

Just picked up a Switch Lite, myself and my wife are going to be sharing it.

Am I right in thinking if one of us buys a digital download game, the other can play it on their profile without hassle?

Likewise if I get a Switch Online subscription, can she play the NES/SNES games on her profile, or do we need to get a family membership?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Am I right in thinking if one of us buys a digital download game, the other can play it on their profile without hassle?

Yep that's correct (same goes for a cart based game).
    Likewise if I get a Switch Online subscription, can she play the NES/SNES games on her profile, or do we need to get a family membership?

You'll need to get a family membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Brill, thanks so much!

Advertisement