Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to hire someone with Paypal web development skills

Options
  • 22-04-2020 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Posted this previously in the Jobs / Work forum and got zero response so trying here in the hope someone might be able to advise me.

I'm a part time musician and I have a web page where I try to sell CDs etc. Payment for these is supposed to be made via Paypal. The web page was set up for me by a guy I hired some time ago who I'm no longer in contact with. I've now discovered that the payment pathway is not working properly as my Paypal account is a personal and not a business account.

According to Paypal's website I need web development skills - which I don't have - to open a business account. I'm prepared to hire someone to sort this out for me but I've no idea where to go looking for freelancers in Ireland who might take on small jobs like this. Down the line I'll probably need more IT assistance with this project so there could be more work in it for someone I find who offers reasonable prices and does good work. Any advice/suggestions as to where I could go looking for someone here?

I thank y'all in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Posted this previously in the Jobs / Work forum and got zero response so trying here in the hope someone might be able to advise me.

I'm a part time musician and I have a web page where I try to sell CDs etc. Payment for these is supposed to be made via Paypal. The web page was set up for me by a guy I hired some time ago who I'm no longer in contact with. I've now discovered that the payment pathway is not working properly as my Paypal account is a personal and not a business account.

According to Paypal's website I need web development skills - which I don't have - to open a business account. I'm prepared to hire someone to sort this out for me but I've no idea where to go looking for freelancers in Ireland who might take on small jobs like this. Down the line I'll probably need more IT assistance with this project so there could be more work in it for someone I find who offers reasonable prices and does good work. Any advice/suggestions as to where I could go looking for someone here?

I thank y'all in advance for your help.

You could try Upwork if no one on here could give ya a dig out.

Or you could search this forum with the words like freelance or looking for web developer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you describe in more detail what you plan to do as it will help us determine whether any of us can help.
    Normally it's just a matter of getting code from PayPal and adding it to a web page. I've done it plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Hi folks. Thanks for all your suggestions. A few people have PMed me so I'm following up on those at the moment.

Advertisement