Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for VAT?

Options
  • 22-04-2020 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

I don't live in Ireland, but would like to sell online in Ireland.

If I expect to earn less than 75,000 Euro per year, I don't need to register for VAT, right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MyTax Ireland

bacon? wrote: »
    I don't live in Ireland, but would like to sell online in Ireland.

If I expect to earn less than 75,000 Euro per year, I don't need to register for VAT, right?

Hi Bacon,

Assume you are selling goods?

If your goods are based outside Ireland and you are shipping directly to customers in Ireland from outside the country (known as distance selling), the VAT threshold is €35k.

€75k if the goods are based in Ireland and sold to customers in Ireland.

€41k if b2b acquisitions between EU member states.

MyTax

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

Hi Bacon,

Assume you are selling goods?

If your goods are based outside Ireland and you are shipping directly to customers in Ireland from outside the country (known as distance selling), the VAT threshold is €35k.

€75k if the goods are based in Ireland and sold to customers in Ireland.

€41k if b2b acquisitions between EU member states.

MyTax

Cheers. If the goods are based in Ireland, and I'm not, do I need to pay tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MyTax Ireland

bacon? wrote: »
    Cheers. If the goods are based in Ireland, and I'm not, do I need to pay tax?

No bother,

It will really depend on your individual status (Residency etc), where you are based, what the Double Taxation Agreement says and whether you have a "permanent establishment" within Ireland.

Give me a PM if you want more details etc,

Thanks,

My-Tax,

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

No bother,

It will really depend on your individual status (Residency etc), where you are based, what the Double Taxation Agreement says and whether you have a "permanent establishment" within Ireland.

Give me a PM if you want more details etc,

Thanks,

My-Tax,

Will do, thanks, appreciate it.

Advertisement