Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline adaptors.

Options
  • 22-04-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I got Digiwebs Ultrafast installed before Christmas. Been going great. I have the Fritzbox 7530 updated to their newest software. The set up has been running with out issue since install. Until I decided to add a couple of new wifi cameras to my pre-existing WiFi DVR. Went from 4 to 6. Have a lot of computers, sky box and WiFi items all running on the system.

The problem started with my LG smart tv refusing to connect to the network over its Powerline plug. No Matter what I tried, it would not connect. Tried repairing, resetting and repairing. Brought to the same room and paired it, brought it back to the room and it wouldn't pair. Tried other Powerline's and they wouldn't work either. So I moved the power to different sockets in the room, and it worked in a socket farthest from the TV. I am using TPLink Powerline's and the one I am using at the TV is a WiFi AV500. It has a double Ethernet port.

I also tried turning off the DVR and the camera's but this did not work either. I have tried switching around different Powerline's from other rooms to this one and they wont work in the room either.

All other Powerline's in all the other rooms are working without issue. It is just in the sitting room where the smart tv is, is where there is an issue.

So now I have an ugly LAN cable running behind chairs and couches from the plug I could get the Powerline to work in to the TV. Not ideal but it works.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Regards,
    Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Could it be that you troubleshooting wrong device?

Is it only TV has issue connecting to adapter or this is truth about all/any device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Did you try removing the new wifi cameras to see if it worked again?
    Can you detail for yourself everything you did to add the cameras?
    Anywhere you might have plugged in a new power adapter, or added an extension cable or surge protector?
    @smuggler.ie's question is a good one too.

... and Ethernet cable, as proven to be reliable by yourself, is just the cable.
    Ugly most likely is workmanship :rolleyes: - tack it to the skirting board and soon you wont even notice it...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

... and Ethernet cable, as proven to be reliable by yourself, is just the cable.
    Ugly most likely is workmanship :rolleyes: - tack it to the skirting board and soon you wont even notice it...:D

Only dropped the cable around the couch and chairs but it is orange. It was the only one I had that was long enough. But i get your point

Could it be that you troubleshooting wrong device?

Is it only TV has issue connecting to adapter or this is truth about all/any device.

Tried 3 different Powerline's, two laptops and the smart TV. Problem persisted on all devices.

• Advertisement

niallb wrote: »
    Did you try removing the new wifi cameras to see if it worked again?
    Can you detail for yourself everything you did to add the cameras?
    Anywhere you might have plugged in a new power adapter, or added an extension cable or surge protector?
    @smuggler.ie's question is a good one too.

I did. Even tried turning off the DVR and all the cameras but the issue remained. I thought it was due to the type of wire that was been used. It was a preexisting set of plugs on a very heavy gauge wire so I disconnected it all and ran a lighter gauge to the new cameras but the issue remained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

I have devolo adapters and I find they don't transmit on ftth at all. My kids xbox would not work with them and had to use wife connection. I wonder if the issue may be the wiring in my house as this also happened when every time i tried to use adapter with my TV box. Either these adapters are not as they advertise, or the wiring in the house doesn't transmit signal efficiently.

PopIT wrote: »
    Only dropped the cable around the couch and chairs but it is orange. It was the only one I had that was long enough. But i get your point
    Well, for time being, i believe you have power outlet just at TV - no need for long cable.
    Coming from point that your Ethernet working OK on that "brick" might indicate its paired OK, however WiFi part is not working(disabled? double-check that) or your devices still attempt to connect to router(FritzBox) WiFi that is to weak. Try to set separate SSID for powerlines instead clone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Breakingbad123

Had the same prob with. My Samsung.. Got rid of all powerlines.. Had six off them... And hardwired from router through attic to tvss in each room. WiFi seems to be the prob with the Samsung Web os

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

PopIT wrote: »
    Tried 3 different Powerline's, two laptops and the smart TV. Problem persisted on all devices.

Did you try all of these with the same orange ethernet cable that worked at the other plug socket? Just checking you are testing an ethernet connection to the AV500 behind the TV and not a wireless one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement