Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful waste of money on Irish Language COVID-19 Booklet

Options
  • 22-04-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

A bit of a rant here really but a version of the COVID-19 booklet as Gailge is being delivered to every postbox in the country. Nobody needs this, the only people who benefit from it are the translators and the printers.

It has taken so long to publish it is utterly useless. This money could have been spent much better elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I got one of these a couple of days ago. I turned it over to see if it was one of those booklets where it was dual language with English one side and Irish on the other, but no, 100% Irish. Straight into the recycling bin with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've still not had any booklet nor the 2 post cards in my door as yet.
    I did receive a single page leaflet on hand washing, so there is that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

Alun wrote: »
    I got one of these a couple of days ago. I turned it over to see if it was one of those booklets where it was dual language with English one side and Irish on the other, but no, 100% Irish. Straight into the recycling bin with it.
    +1

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And another "outrage" thread - guess cabin fever is really starting to show now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement