Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Cancelled Sale

Options
  • 22-04-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

I recently bought an item online from a very reputable business in the UK.

Substantial price of £500 for the item plus delivery cost to Ireland. Got an email saying this was being processed etc, no problems.

Two weeks later i had no further updates so decided to send an email wondering if there was any issues etc, a couple of days later i wake up this morning to an email saying that they have cancelled my sale and will refund the monies etc as they dont have the item in stock. Thats all fair enough.

However im still looking for said item so go looking again this morning and of course i end up back on the website of the company i bought the item from still advertising said item, available for dispatch and in stock with messages of this item being bought purchased several time in last 48 hours etc. However the price has now increased by £110 more than what it cost me.

Just wondering if anyone else has any such experience with something similar? I emailed them this morning saying it all seemed very odd etc that they are still selling such items online if theres no stock available to process my order and i had no issues in waiting for the item to return to stock but wasnt given that option.

No reply as of yet.

Advertisement