Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Roll Dublin Half

Options
  • 22-04-2020 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I assume now that the R&R half will not go ahead on August 8th, nothing on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I assume now that the R&R half will not go ahead on August 8th, nothing on their website.

I've emailed them several times and they haven't replied. Think they may stiff people somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I've emailed them several times and they haven't replied. Think they may stiff people somehow.

Lot of stiffing going on by race directors, not least Athletics Ireland and the Great Ireland run they assumed everyone forgot about.

They announced cancellation of the race series today but still haven't done any with the great Ireland run yet.

Don't hold your breath for anything back from rock n roll Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Lot of stiffing going on by race directors, not least Athletics Ireland and the Great Ireland run they assumed everyone forgot about.

They announced cancellation of the race series today but still haven't done any with the great Ireland run yet.

Don't hold your breath for anything back from rock n roll Inc.

Got this reply from them a few days ago.

Thanks for getting in touch. Please be patient in waiting for the 50-day deadline to hear definitive information for RnR Dublin. As of now the event is due to go ahead, but please note all athletes will receive communication over email in the event of a rescheduled event.
    I hope this helps. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Kind regards,

FREYA

Athlete Services Coordinator, UK & Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I was entered for the RNR Full in Madrid this April.

Race was deferred until Nov 15. I was giving the option of a deferral or registration for next years event. Had to pay the race fee of €5 for running in Spain + €10 admin for the 2021 entry transfer. Defral to Nov 15 had no cost

Got this reply from them a few days ago.

Thanks for getting in touch. Please be patient in waiting for the 50-day deadline to hear definitive information for RnR Dublin. As of now the event is due to go ahead, but please note all athletes will receive communication over email in the event of a rescheduled event.
    I hope this helps. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Kind regards,

FREYA

Athlete Services Coordinator, UK & Ireland

The 5000 licence limit excludes them from holding any event as they generally have 8-10k between the half and 10k on the sunday

• Advertisement

The 5000 licence limit excludes them from holding any event as they generally have 8-10k between the half and 10k on the sunday

I did point that out to them in my email but they decided to ignore it !!

I did point that out to them in my email but they decided to ignore it !!

Yeah I got the similar reply yesterday. Even if they cut the event size below 5000 they cannot guarantee less then 5000 in phoenix park finish area between spectators, support staff etc. Technically outside their control but realistically it cannot go ahead and they should be offering refunds not deferrals.

Great Ireland Run are doing deferrals as they hope to stage the event in October or November but again there is no hope of that IMO.

R&R gone, no refund option, defer to 2021 or switch to Liverpool half on Oct 25th, which will probably get cancelled too.

R&R gone, no refund option, defer to 2021 or switch to Liverpool half on Oct 25th, which will probably get cancelled too.

Saw a tweet earlier that the company that runs the rock n roll here could soon be dissolved.

Anyone know who that company is.....

Saw a tweet earlier that the company that runs the rock n roll here could soon be dissolved.

Anyone know who that company is.....
    "Affidea" according to last years t shirt

• Advertisement

"Affidea" according to last years t shirt

Are they not sponsors?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

It "Competitor Group Inc" according to their website. Their parent is the Chinese Wanda group which could be the one in trouble but I don't know one way or another my limited "research" showed nothing untoward

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competitor_Group

murphm45 wrote: »
    It "Competitor Group Inc" according to their website. Their parent is the Chinese Wanda group which could be the one in trouble but I don't know one way or another my limited "research" showed nothing untoward

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competitor_Group

The Irish company are 8 months late with annual returns apparently. There is some leeway ATM with covid19 but they could be facing being struck off by the companies office over the summer if they don't file it

The Irish company are 8 months late with annual returns apparently. There is some leeway ATM with covid19 but they could be facing being struck off by the companies office over the summer if they don't file it

Hardly surprising then that they are not offering refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Im nearly sure they are wrapped with the iron man brand seem to remember having enough of being hassled by email to participate in races so unsubscribed and ended up on an Iron man page reasons for unsubscribing page....

Advertisement