Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal with open claim

Options
  • 22-04-2020 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I had an accident at the end of last year and I received a letter in February that my insurer had paid out 3K for repairs to the other party but the other party was also claiming a sore back. I received my renewal this month, and the claim status is open with a loading of €150 and my NCB reduced by three years.

Will my premium get hit again next year until the case is closed, and will I receive further loadings if they settle again for a personal injury?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Assuming you are claims free for the next 12 months then you will have an extra years NCD next year. Its unknown how the insurer will view the loading. Personally I believe the application of a claims load for something minor is sharp practice by them and you are being doubly penalised ie losing a few years off the bonus aswell as having an additional loading applied. If i were you i would press them on the loading. Ask them to explain in writing the justification for it. I would also consider making a formal complaint to them. The FSPO takes a dim view of insurers trying to ride policy holders and thats what they are doing with you. Unless they think the claim is going to cost them €100k or more then they are being pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Totally agree with the above. Insurers should only be allowed impose a claim loading if there were additional circumstances leading to an accident, such as speeding, reckless driving, unaccompanied driving etc

Advertisement