Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Discrimination solicitor recommendations

Options
  • 22-04-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi
    I have recently returned from maternity leave to my job only to find that in my absence there has been a reorganisation and one aspect of my job has been given to the person filling in for my maternity. The role involves them taking all the work I did for their personal use and the new role is heavily based on the one I have been removed from. The worst part is the manner in which this was done, I was never informed of any of this and was removed from that departments email list so had no way of finding out.
    I would like legal advice and possibly representation can anyone recommend a good Dublin based solicitor for such a case?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Do you still have the same pay and conditions as before you left? Not sure you have a case if it's just a change of roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Maternity leave is protected leave and a change of roles on return can be a cause for further action. It depends on the situation. Which is why I'd imagine the OP is looking for the name of a solicitor.

I dont have a name for you unfortunately but is there a solicitor that you have had dealing with previously, say for buying a house etc that you could get a recommendation from?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi OP,

This more of a legal issue regarding your job status. Legal Issues forum don't permit recommending solicitors as far as I know. You could be better suited to get advice from the Work & Jobs forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

But any solicitor who deals in employment law should be able to advise you.

Advertisement