Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountfield 1530H ride on not holding charge

Options
  • 22-04-2020 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi guys my 4 year old Mountfield 1530H ride on not holding charge like I have to take out battery and charge it every couple of weeks is there some sort of alternator in them or could it be the battery, would the battery fail like that after 4 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

popa smurf wrote: »
    Hi guys my 4 year old Mountfield 1530H ride on not holding charge like I have to take out battery and charge it every couple of weeks is there some sort of alternator in them or could it be the battery, would the battery fail like that after 4 years.

Battery is probably shot. If not trickle charged and allowed to go flat over the winter they will degrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Thanks for reply must be the battery. I will get a replacement, it's a pain taking it out every week and charging it probably not doing enough mowing each week to keep it charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’ve a castlegarden ride on now maybe 17-18 years still on its original battery.

It’s stored in the garage over the winter but not on trickle charge. Some years I’ve to jumpstart it after the winter but not every year.

Each year I think the battery will surely be dead but each year it keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

just out of interest what brand of battery?

Advertisement