Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anyone had any issues with the camera not working all of a sudden? Mine has just stopped and I'm unable to get it going again.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Anyone with an issue after the latest bios update? I think it failed and now all I've got is a laptop booting to a black screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭chrisd2019

ImARebel wrote: »
    Anyone with an issue after the latest bios update? I think it failed and now all I've got is a laptop booting to a black screen :(

Mine is still working perfectly.
    Did you get the version with or without the preinstalled OS?

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Mine is still working perfectly.
    Did you get the version with or without the preinstalled OS?

Without. I installed Windows 10 on it as per the instructions on here. Worked without a single.issue up until that latest bios update from lenovo

I've raised a ticket with them, but I just wondered if it was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Never update bios unless you have to. Not worth it.

What did the update do?

• Advertisement

FFVII wrote: »
    Never update bios unless you have to. Not worth it.

What did the update do?

I didn't install it, one of the kids clicked the popup. I didn't see what happened (on screen) but it powered down and now the screen won't come on when I power it back up.

God damn home schooling if it wasn't for that they wouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Could I try reinstalling windows off the boot usb drive? Repeat the steps I did to put the OS on the first time?

Maybe Lenovo will get back to me on it. Would it be for them to fix? It was their update caused the issue. Bit of a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I didn't install it, one of the kids clicked the popup. I didn't see what happened (on screen) but it powered down and now the screen won't come on when I power it back up.

God damn home schooling if it wasn't for that they wouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Could I try reinstalling windows off the boot usb drive? Repeat the steps I did to put the OS on the first time?

Maybe Lenovo will get back to me on it. Would it be for them to fix? It was their update caused the issue. Bit of a stretch

I had to buy a chip for an asrock motherboard before after an unrevertable update.

Do any of the F8 keys get you booting options??

Try reinstalling if you have nothing to lose on the SSD.

God knows what that poxy update did.

FFVII wrote: »
    I had to buy a chip for an asrock motherboard before after an unrevertable update.

Do any of the F8 keys get you booting options??

Try reinstalling if you have nothing to lose on the SSD.

God knows what that poxy update did.

I press F2 and I get the beep that brings you into the bios (can't see the screen though to confirm that but it sounds right) I'll try to tomorrow. Think I'd been trying f12 but I wasn't sure if I needed the usb in for that to work.
    I'm hoping to hear from lenovo tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭kala85

Any more links to these. Maybe not at the same price but what price are they now

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

I press F2 and I get the beep that brings you into the bios (can't see the screen though to confirm that but it sounds right) I'll try to tomorrow. Think I'd been trying f12 but I wasn't sure if I needed the usb in for that to work.

Have you tried a hdmi to a monitor or TV? Might let you get at settings and do a roll back?

• Advertisement

dos29 wrote: »
    Have you tried a hdmi to a monitor or TV? Might let you get at settings and do a roll back?

That's a good idea. I'll try that cheers

Fingers crossed I hear from lenovo today

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

It might just be something simple?

Maybe just try the Windows Key + P ??
    (switch between external monitor and your laptop screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

A lot of Lenovo Laptops will say "press Enter for BIOS" - Give that a try.

A BIOS update 'should' be reasonably safe but I'd always be a bit apprehensive - Certainly if my kids were off updating them I would not be happy at all.

For this reason people should strongly consider finding and turning off any option within Lenovo Vantage or System update whereby its going to check for & offer updates to the User - Just remember to check for them manually yourself every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

dos29 wrote: »
    +1 on this. A couple of times Windows Update has broken the display driver.
    Connecting an external monitor or TV allowed display driver to be downloaded (from AMD or Intel, depending on processor) and fixed the issue.

Coincidently it was 2 separate Lenovo laptops this happened to in the past!

Simpler solution too, assuming it works for you, before tackling the BIOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I have another lenovo and the last 2 windows updates stopped the camera working, I had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers to get it working. I did update the bios also but that went in with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

something similar happened with a lenovo miix 510 that i have - readers digest of what i did, checked the privacy settings, checked bios, but nothing showing for a camera setting, camera wasn't showing in the device manager but i downloaded and installed 2 sets of drivers anyway and still nada.

so i plugged in an external webcam (a sort of a toy one for still motion that hadn't been used in years), installed the software drivers for that, went to test it in the camera app and hey presto, the on board camera was suddenly working. And seems to be stable for the last few days.

it's a known issue across a range of lenovo devices from what i could see...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Closing this up now, but any further discussion can continue on the Windows OS forum here

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement