Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loose kicker board

• 22-04-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

How to tidy up this gap between tile and kicker board - it just gathers dirt from the floor. The kicker board is loose alas; the screw from the cupboard floor that was holding it in place has moved. Is there a way to suck out the kicker as far as the tiles, so I can put a couple of screws down from above?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

pj9999 wrote: »
    How to tidy up this gap between tile and kicker board - it just gathers dirt from the floor. The kicker board is loose alas; the screw from the cupboard floor that was holding it in place has moved. Is there a way to suck out the kicker as far as the tiles, so I can put a couple of screws down from above?

Many thanks

You could take out the kicker(put a 3.5 x40 or similar at the very top of kicker then use it as a little handle to pull out the board altogether. Maybe clean out the space with a vacuum to remove dirt etc. I've seen this happen alot with this setup-(the tiles should always be put down beforehand so the kicker runs over the tile.) also if the legs are able to move I'd pull them slightly forward at the point they touch the ground so when you put the kicker back in, it'll run tighter to the tile. If it was my house, I'd be inclined to just get new kicker to cover the existing board. (provided you've enough toe room)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

pj9999 wrote: »

Many thanks

You could take out the kicker(put a 3.5 x40 or similar at the very top of kicker then use it as a little handle to pull out the board altogether. Maybe clean out the space with a vacuum to remove dirt etc. I've seen this happen alot with this setup-(the tiles should always be put down beforehand so the kicker runs over the tile.) also if the legs are able to move I'd pull them slightly forward at the point they touch the ground so when you put the kicker back in, it'll run tighter to the tile. If it was my house, I'd be inclined to just get new kicker to cover the existing.

Advertisement