Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Negative Balance from BOI Credit Card to BOI Current Account

Options
  • 22-04-2020 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

If my BOI credit card is in credit (as opposed to the regular debit where I owe money) is it possible to transfer that balance back to my BOI current account or must I withdraw the money and lodge it physically?

I had lodged €100 onto the card which had a 0 balance (so -€100 owed) with intent to buy something online but that fell through so want to return the sum to my account.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

No. It's not possible online. You could take the money out of your credit card at an ATM, and then lodge the cash to your current account, but cash advance fees could apply to your credit card if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi FGR

Thanks for getting in touch with your card query.

Although you will be unable to withdraw from the credit card online, you can use the ATM to make a cash withdrawal. Just to mention, cash advance fees may apply. We've more info here on this.

We hope the info helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Hi FGR

Although you will be unable to withdraw from the credit card online, you can use the ATM to make a cash withdrawal. Just to mention, cash advance fees may apply. We've more info here on this.

We hope the info helps,

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison! Thanks for the reply.

Is there a limit on how much one can withdraw from their credit card? If so - would I be better off making the transaction at the counter if the amount in credit is a large sum? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks FGR for coming back to us on this.

I'm afraid it's no longer possible to take cash from the card at the counter. Just to mention, when this option was previously available, the card (if applicable) could still be subject to cash advance fees. The daily limit at the ATM is €700.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

FGR wrote: »
    Hi BOI,

If my BOI credit card is in credit (as opposed to the regular debit where I owe money) is it possible to transfer that balance back to my BOI current account or must I withdraw the money and lodge it physically?

I had lodged €100 onto the card which had a 0 balance (so -€100 owed) with intent to buy something online but that fell through so want to return the sum to my account.

Thank you in advance!

If you need the option of regularly transferring from your credit card to your current account, investing in a sumup unit might be worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi FGR

We hope the info helps,

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi can you clarify this for me - the link you quote says "You can avoid cash advance fees if your credit card account is in credit" but you are saying advance fees might apply in this case? Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Podgeandrodge,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your account is not in credit, there may be cash advance fees on the account. These fees can be avoided if the card is in credit. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks Richard.  What I mean is that this particular thread, the original posted was in credit - and BOI said if he took out his cash it might be subject to cash advance fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks for getting back to us Podgeandrodge,

In the case of the original poster, cash advance fees would be avoided if their credit card account is in credit when the transaction hits the account or if it has a zero balance after the transaction is completed.

We apologise for any confusion.

Thanks, Richard

Advertisement