Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May. June July August September October...

Options
  • 23-04-2020 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭

A Plant-Based Diet May Lower Your Blood Pressure

A Plant-Based Diet May Keep Your Heart Healthy

A Plant-Based Diet May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes

Eating a Plant-Based Diet Could Help You Lose Weight

Following a Plant-Based Diet Long Term May Help You Live Longer

A Plant-Based Diet May Decrease Your Risk of Cancer

A Plant-Based Diet May Improve Your Cholesterol

Eating a Plant-Based Diet May Minimize Your Risk of Stroke

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA3S1JMVuY8&t=3s

Comments

Yeah but then the cows would get depressed, with no purpose to their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Yeah but then the cows would get depressed, with no purpose to their lives.

They're not as smart as you are.

auspicious wrote: »
    They're not as smart as you are.

Hmmm.. they've no bills or mortgage worries. They get food and water brought to them, and sit out in the sun relaxing all day. No Concerns about Covid19 either.

I think they're a lot smarter than me! :P

I think they're a lot smarter than me! :P

Now that you say it. Actually maybe they are. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Why are you so against humans eating meat when animals are eating each other every minute of the day and dying in God knows how much pain from been eaten alive?

It's just the food chain. Meat is tasty, hence why I eat it.

That is a click-bait title if I've ever seen one!

• Advertisement

Meat is tasty, hence why I eat it.

A pretty simple defence of a lifetime of conditioning don't you. Think.

Taste reduces to pleasure.
    Is pleasure a justifiable trait for every action?

A pretty simple defence of a lifetime of conditioning don't you. Think.

Taste reduces to pleasure.

Sure you could just say the same thing about a tiger eating a Zebra alive!

We're Omnivores, its the way human evolution went.

Should we lock up every carnivorous animal in the world and try force feed them vegan products until they die out or?

Better still we'll lock up all the omnivore animals and only feed them vegan food hoping the next born generation only eat vegan food?

How would we pull this off?

I have nothing against vegans but trying to change people's views on meat is a lost cause, its never going to happen.

Heres a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZOvqYypOuo

We are at top of the food chain. I am against unnecessary animal cruelty.

Tigers don't plant crops.
    They are obligate carnivores don't you know? Plus they don't have moral agency.
    Try feeding a carrot to a tiger and see what's happens.
    Contemporary society doesn't require the risk eating animals pose. A plant based diet excludes this.

Tigers don't plant crops.
    They are obligate carnivores don't you know? Plus they don't have moral agency.
    Try feeding a carrot to a tiger and see what's happens.
    Contemporary society doesn't require the risk eating animals pose. A plant based diet excludes this.

I never mentioned tigers weren't. Not sure why you interpreted that.

I get where your coming home from, but its just not going to happen.

Earliest humans on earth from 200,000 years ago were eating meat.

It's never going to change.

I would like Wet markets stopped and animals with a known risk of disease not to be eaten allright and to be left alone in thier natural due to the risk they can cause to humans. I'm no expert in this field though.

I get where your coming home from, but its just not going to happen.

Earliest humans on earth from 200,000 years ago were eating meat.

It's never going to change.

For example what's the point of voting then if change isn't possible. We change for the betterment of our species. In our history the greatest uncontrollable threats stemmed from our reliance on meat. We no longer need to rely on that source of sustenance. It persists due to indulgence. Societal stability needs our views to progress. Morality in this case is intrinsic.

• Advertisement

For example what's the point of voting then if change isn't possible. We change for the betterment of our species. In our history the greatest uncontrollable threats stemmed from our reliance on meat. We no longer need to rely on that source of sustenance. It persists due to indulgence. Societal stability needs our views to progress. Morality in this case is intrinsic.

The only way then out of this then is to kill every animal on earth. The diseases are not caused by eating the animal. Implementing Social distancing with animals could possibly work. Doubt people would want to get rid of their pets though.

I dunno. Do you take pleasure in click-bait titles, wasting people's time? Do you take pleasure in posting threads in forums not suited to them?

More importantly: Do you take pleasure in forcing your views on others?

Can you not live your life doing what keeps you happy without interfering in others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Dr Shaun Baker would disagree and so would I . Eating meat is essential for optimal human health. That's what I and many others believe. Will I change your mind ? Unlikely. Will you change my mind? NO.
    Oks since that's settled and we agree to disagree lets close this thread and move on with our lives

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Every time the OP posts again I'm going to eat a burger.

A plant based burger.

With bacon.

kevcos wrote: »
    Every time the OP posts again I'm going to eat a burger.

A plant based burger.

With bacon.

Don't forget the cheese! Don't think vegans like that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

What des this have to do with Covid19?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

November?

Tbf to the OP,if the chinese were vegans and not eating crazy shît,

This virus likely wouldnt exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I dunno. Do you take pleasure in click-bait titles, wasting people's time? Do you take pleasure in posting threads in forums not suited to them?

More importantly: Do you take pleasure in forcing your views on others?

Can you not live your life doing what keeps you happy without interfering in others?

I can see your point but the ops opinions aren't something you have to comment on, they're wasting no ones time only their own, if a thread is unsuitable for a forum, report it

Where does the op force their views on anyone? it's a public forum which you can ignore, nobody is forcing you to engage

I actually agree somewhat with the op, less meat and more plant based diets is proven to be more beneficial, not saying give up meat altogether but western society could do with cutting down on the amount of meat consumed, I'm guilty myself of eating too much meat and not enough fruit and veg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This has nothing to do with Covid-19

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement