Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ornamental Pond Pump Issue

Options
  • 23-04-2020 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a non-functioning pond pump...the pump had been running continuously for a year or more. The pump itself seems to be very clean - checked the impeller magnet etc. The plug is wired correctly and the fuse is functioning. This is a small 12V pump and has a step down adapter component to take mains supply. Complete silence when the pump is plugged in - and impeller will not turn even with some manual help. Could anyone tell me how I could check to see whether the issue lies within the completely sealed adapter or the connection between the adapter and the pump. Thanks for reading this.

Pond-Pump-Issue.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

If you are showing the connector disconnected in the right hand photo then you should get 12V with a multimeter or connect a 12v car bulb across it and see if it lights up (probably dimly as this is a relatively large load for this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes as above, there should be 12v on the output of the adaptor socket (holes)

A multimeter would be the ideal method to check.

Or 12v onto the pins of the pump. Check the adaptor label for indication of polarity if you go that method, which is keyed by the shape of the plug it looks like when plugging in, although it will probably just run in reverse if the wrong way, if you connect it to another 12v source.

Advertisement