Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Online Phone Order

Options
  • 23-04-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a phone on Vodafone pay as you go this morning.

There was meant to be a 50 euro discount applied for porting my number (a family member is porting to VF anyway, so used their number for the porting & I would get the discount on the new phone)

Going through the process, at the cart, I typed in their number and they received a message with a port code. I typed it in and the discount was applied, went through delivery details and card payments.

At the final step went a clicked to make the payment it said ''Thank You - you will receive an email with your order details''

#1 I never received an email with any order number or details (over 3 hours ago now)

#2 They charged me the FULL amount of the phone (no 50 euro discount applied) , AFTER I had gone through the porting text process and the discount 100% showed up as applied.

I rang customer care and they said there is nothing I can do without an order number - I stupidly closed off the laptop as I was in a rush to get to work so I don't know if there was additional information on the ''Thank you for ordering'' screen.

Can someone tell me my options on this? I was nearly an hour on the phone with them, I found myself repeating over and over again the above.

They basically took an extra 50 euro without my consent - clearly a website error but very annoyed & don't know where I stand with the order as I have no confirmation number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you have a 14 day cooling off period, where you can return unopened for full price.

So you can speak with customer service to try to get discount, but dont wait 14 days before claiming a full refund. if they dont give you the discount you want, claim the refund, buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

you have a 14 day cooling off period, where you can return unopened for full price.

So you can speak with customer service to try to get discount, but dont wait 14 days before claiming a full refund. if they dont give you the discount you want, claim the refund, buy elsewhere.

Good idea, thanks! Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Ordered an iPhone SE on Saturday, moved from the Vodafone SIMO plan to the Red plan. Said dispatched on Sunday, now i have recieved an email saying there was an error processing my request to move to the Red plan despite the fact all bills were paid? Shambolic company, an hour wait time on customer service

Shn99 wrote: »
    Ordered an iPhone SE on Saturday, moved from the Vodafone SIMO plan to the Red plan. Said dispatched on Sunday, now i have recieved an email saying there was an error processing my request to move to the Red plan despite the fact all bills were paid? Shambolic company, an hour wait time on customer service

I have really had no issues with them the last 2 years on the X Unlimited plan, however, I never needed to report anything so I didn't need the ''assistance'' of their customer service! I also bought a different phone online from them at the end of March and the website was fine, it certainly got an update for the worse recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Customer service seems to have gone downhill. I'm still waiting on broadband since February despite having rang a few times.

• Advertisement

Well VF finally emailed my receipt to say online order received (ordered 8.30am yesterday).

It even shows on this receipt the full payment I made, nothing about the 50e porting discount that was applied when initially clicking payment, I won't be letting this go!!

Also the order number doesn't work on the tracking website but I'll give them the benifit of the doubt as I've just received the email and they might have to update their <already poor> online system.

Just an update. Chanced my arm again on the Live Chat via the My Vodafone app.

Gave them the order number and they said the porting wasn't processed online hence why I go charged the full amount. They also provided with me with a separate tracking number than the order number, but I didn't get that to work either.

Passed me the Sales Team number, straight on, explained the situation. They took all of the details down, took my IBAN and said 50 euro will be credited to my account in 3 to 5 days once its been approved internally and the phone will be 3 to 5 days for delivery too.

Progress made today anyway, or maybe I'm just getting my hopes up! Let's see what happens early next week.

Edit - checked My Vodafone account and they have added €51 euro to my account on it?! What the hell is going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

rizzee wrote: »
    Just an update. Chanced my arm again on the Live Chat via the My Vodafone app.

Gave them the order number and they said the porting wasn't processed online hence why I go charged the full amount. They also provided with me with a separate tracking number than the order number, but I didn't get that to work either.

Passed me the Sales Team number, straight on, explained the situation. They took all of the details down, took my IBAN and said 50 euro will be credited to my account in 3 to 5 days once its been approved internally and the phone will be 3 to 5 days for delivery too.

Progress made today anyway, or maybe I'm just getting my hopes up! Let's see what happens early next week.

Edit - checked My Vodafone account and they have added €51 euro to my account on it?! What the hell is going on...

Looks like they gave you 50euro credit, so when your bill is due, it will be taken from the 50e + any outstanding you ow from the bill will then be taken by direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Looks like they gave you 50euro credit, so when your bill is due, it will be taken from the 50e + any outstanding you ow from the bill will then be taken by direct debit

Yeah that sounds like the industry standard. They would not credit a bank account unless they owed you money.

Edit:

I'm on PAYG, not Bill Pay. They can't take the money out of my bank account.

Just to clarify they took my IBAN and specifically said the money would be going into my bank account (there would be no other reason for taking my IBAN) then shortly afterward I noticed the credit in my account (I'm on the X Unlimited 20 a month PAYG Plan - would never have any leftover credit as the 20 is taken instantly, was on the app to see how many calls/data I had left for the month when I noticed it)

• Advertisement

Vodafone....never fail to disappoint. Ordered a Sim on Saturday, was "dispatched" on Monday...An Post tracking system not recognising the tracking number vodafone provided me with...customer service non existent

Vodafone....never fail to disappoint. Ordered a Sim on Saturday, was "dispatched" on Monday...An Post tracking system not recognising the tracking number Vodafone provided me with...customer service non existent

Did you get your phone in the end?

I ordered it the Thursday and received it the Sunday morning.... Didn't receive the 50 cashback from porting even though they asked for my IBAN and said 3 to 5 days (it's day 3 now), albeit they put 50 credit to my PAYG account (I've given it all to charity now so they can't get it back, no use to me as I'm on the X Unlimited Plan which suits my needs) and the number I requested to be ported hasn't been moved yet.

Did you get your phone in the end?

I ordered it the Thursday and received it the Sunday morning.... Didn't receive the 50 cashback from porting even though they asked for my IBAN and said 3 to 5 days (it's day 3 now), albeit they put 50 credit to my PAYG account (I've given it all to charity now so they can't get it back, no use to me as I'm on the X Unlimited Plan which suits my needs) and the number I requested to be ported hasn't been moved yet.

Yeah the phone came alright, Its the sim thats the issue. Just spent 55 mins on the live chat trying to get a new one. The telephone queue was way too long to be waiting

Yeah the phone came alright, Its the sim thats the issue. Just spent 55 mins on the live chat trying to get a new one. The telephone queue was way too long to be waiting

Did you get sorted in the end?

Current status: VF on twitter have looked into my account and said last Friday €50 will be in my bank account 3-10 working days.

In the meantime, I've gotten €165 credit (€50/65/50) in random stages off them!

Did you get sorted in the end?

Current status: VF on twitter have looked into my account and said last Friday €50 will be in my bank account 3-10 working days.

In the meantime, I've gotten €165 credit (€50/65/50) in random stages off them!

Yeah got it sorted, Yesterday didnt they only go and announce new plans which have unlimited data, turns out im not able to change over to one of them even though its the same price as my current one, Bye bye Vodafone after all this!

Just checked the bank account - they sent x2 50 euro refund today!! :D

Advertisement