Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry of Deeds

Options
  • 23-04-2020 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Checking out an old house, and when trying to get the folio on LandDirect.ie. I get the message;
    The area selected is not registered with the Land Registry. Information about this property may be available from the Registry of Deeds.
    How do I find the folio? I don't know the name of the current owner, only a rough address (or what I assume to be the address).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

the_syco wrote: »
    Checking out an old house, and when trying to get the folio on LandDirect.ie. I get the message;

How do I find the folio? I don't know the name of the current owner, only a rough address (or what I assume to be the address).

It sounds like the house is not registered with the land registry.

You could serch the occupier in the Tom's directory in the national library, it will say the occupier but that might not be the owner.

You might also get some information from the county council for that area. If there has been a planning permission application submitted for that property in the last 30 years there should be a record of it. You can find out who was the applicant from that. If it was recent application you can serch it on the county councils website.

Advertisement