Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Fan question

Options
  • 23-04-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Quick question about radiatior fans.

I have an AIO NZXT Kraken X62 in my case (NZXT H500i). Radiator fans are intaking from near the front panel (see below) through the radiator and into case. I have two exhaust fans at the back and on top.

I was just wondering what effect would having the radiator fans in front of the radiator as opposed to behind the radiator?

I ask am I looking to add to some RGB fans!

I am just concerned as there's no real ventillation in the front panel. Would I be starving my PC for cool air?

https://imgur.com/a/uM4Q3pc

Cheers!

Comments

There's negligible difference when running them behind or in front of the radiator. Make sure the fans you use have good static pressure rating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's negligible difference when running them behind or in front of the radiator. Make sure the fans you use have good static pressure rating though.

Thanks for that. Just to confirm it's OK to run them as intake fans.

Yep. They're fine as you have them at the moment or if you want to put them behind is ok too. Once they are drawing air in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The only real difference will be that your radiator will be more annoying to clean. :P

Like they are now, all you really need to do is wipe down the front of the radiator.
    If you move the fans, then you'll have to take the fans off to properly dust it.

If you don't clean your radiator much or at all, then ignore this.

Advertisement