Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Broadband-What Are They Like ?

Options
  • 23-04-2020 12:43pm

I'm in the Carlow Town area in the sticks, anyone know if they are good ? do they advertise say 50 Mbs and give you 2 in the evening ?

Do they have stupid daily bandwidth caps ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

I'm in the Carlow Town area in the sticks, anyone know if they are good ? do they advertise say 50 Mbs and give you 2 in the evening ?

Do they have stupid daily bandwidth caps ?

W
    Just tested in wexford. No caps, good support.

trompele wrote: »
    W
    Just tested in wexford. No caps, good support.

That's not great in fairness.

What speeds are you signed up for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

What wifi-router do they supply with their 'Regional Wireless Plus' product?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

I'm just out side Wexford Town - got 65down/15up fixed-wireless yesterday and really happy so far.

I'm getting 50-60Mbs down, 15Mps up pretty consistently.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9584502645.png

To answer my own questiion, supplied wifi router was a TP-Link WR940Nv6

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

I am based in Louth in a hollow. Regional Broadband promised high speed and great support. We got neither. Speeds very variable and sometimes nothing at all but max about 5, typical about 1.5 meg. On three occasions the device has failed completely necessitating endless calls to a very slow tech support who keep saying the problem is due to power surges on the electricity network. Eventually after a week of no internet they send someone who has to access the house to fix it. Right now it failed 11 days ago and we are still waiting for a technician. Its not cheap either.

Having used it for nearly a year I would not recommend - you will only get promises and frustration + a lot of BS about power surges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement