Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheque question

• 23-04-2020 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭

i need to pay a small bill for a bit of work done.
    rather than cash, with covid etc can i just write a cheque to cash and drop it through his letter box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭poppers

i know my local AIB wont accept cheques made out to cash anymore, not sure if all banks are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭cms88

poppers wrote: »
    i know my local AIB wont accept cheques made out to cash anymore, not sure if all banks are the same

I think they're all the same now. Credit Unions as wel afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cash or lodge it then
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's a number of ways you can do it.....

1. EFT Define his bank account as a payee on your current account and transfer the money to him

2. Revolut is the most painless way to transfer money these days and costs nothing. If you both have Revolut accounts then it's as simple as clicking a few keys on the app. Or if he doesn't have a Revolut account, you can add him as a payee and then transfer money to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cj maxx wrote: »
    i need to pay a small bill for a bit of work done.
    rather than cash, with covid etc can i just write a cheque to cash and drop it through his letter box.

Can you not write the cheque directly to him?

Failing that, go to an ATM, get him cash, and put that in the letter box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can you not write the cheque directly to him?

Failing that, go to an ATM, get him cash, and put that in the letter box.
    He's in the covid19 danger bracket so I don't want to throw money through the door .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Why not just contact him and let him decide the method of payment?

Better make sure what he wants, if you agreed cash price then he won’t want a cheque for obvious reasons.

If worried about covid keep it 72 hrs before giving it to him and make sure you use max hygiene when handling and storing it or what you keep it in.

Advertisement