Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacuum recommendations

Options
  • 23-04-2020 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good priced, upright bagless vacuum cleaner?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LillyIsland

This is really well reviewed and is on offer atm.. I don't have it myself but am considering replacing my Henry with it, which has great suction but is a bit cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We got the Dyson V11 recently and it’s fantastic. Cordless is the only way to go. So easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We got the Dyson V11 recently and it’s fantastic. Cordless is the only way to go. So easy.
    How much are they?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How much are they?

€550-odd. Totally worth it. DID.ie are pushing them big time.

Bargain :D

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bargain :D

You can get the V10 for about €350 I think. But it doesn’t have a digital display. Still cleans brilliantly though and it’s cordless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

This is really well reviewed and is on offer atm.. I don't have it myself but am considering replacing my Henry with it, which has great suction but is a bit cumbersome.

I bought this two weeks ago abs very happy with it. Ticks all the boxes and suction is great. Had a Dyson V7 and then a V10 and this absolutely outperforms both. I wouldn't go back to Dyson, or at least not a cordless one. Cost/Performance isn't worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

duffman13 wrote: »
    I bought this two weeks ago abs very happy with it. Ticks all the boxes and suction is great. Had a Dyson V7 and then a V10 and this absolutely outperforms both. I wouldn't go back to Dyson, or at least not a cordless one. Cost/Performance isn't worth it IMO

Dyson's are vastly overpriced, I've a Miele Uber reliable and great suction, think this Dyson' carry on is a yummy mummy thing, "oh Mary got an upright cordless Dyson "
    "We need a new one" (quickly Gerald)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have one on 11/05
    e60 with 2 year guarantee

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl have one on 11/05
    e60 with 2 year guarantee

This one?
    https://rollercoaster.ie/community/chit-chat-trivia/upright-vacuum-cleaner-from-lidl/

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Miele are great. Bosch would be my second place pick. For value, Henry are hard to beat. Dyson are OK but vastly overpriced. They are more difficult to repair and get spares in comparison to Miele, for example, so once they go outside of warranty there isnt much you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Gtech MK2 air ram ...should get on Amazon UK cheapest and might get it significantly cheaper as a warehouse buy 'used'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think Dyson have or had an ebay outlet selling refurbs. Might save a few quid there if thats the brand you want

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

https://www.dyson.ie/offers/dyson-offers.html

€330

Purchase Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 + & receive a free V7 handheld Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think Dyson have or had an ebay outlet selling refurbs. Might save a few quid there if thats the brand you want

Actually maybe not Dyson themselves but Ive seen Dysons on sale in Argos and Tesco Outlet pages on ebay. They're typically returns but certified as working with a warranty with about 20-30% off the full list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Actually maybe not Dyson themselves but Ive seen Dysons on sale in Argos and Tesco Outlet pages on ebay. They're typically returns but certified as working with a warranty with about 20-30% off the full list price.
    Miele

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Miele

Miele bar fat best hoover out there

Advertisement