Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You're such a hero.

Grown adults who can't take responsibility, how sad.

Actually f*ck off. What business is it of yours?

It’s upto them. It’s only guidelines, it’s not the law. Imbecile

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

polesheep wrote: »
    What if it is an appointment for an endoscopy? A routine endoscopy can show up a cancer, which, if treated immediately can have a good outcome. A postponed endoscopy can mean that cancer reaching the point where the outcome could be much worse and even result in an unnecessary death.

What if you had a car crash on the way to the endoscopy?
    Has the edcoscopy now caused your death?
    What if you contacted COVID-19 during your scan and subsequently died?
    Have the restrictions just saved your life?

(We can "what if" ourselves into oblivion if you like)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @CBear1993 - don't post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

GreeBo wrote: »
    What if you had a car crash on the way to the endoscopy?
    Has the edcoscopy now caused your death?
    What if you contacted COVID-19 during your scan and subsequently died?
    Have the restrictions just saved your life?

(We can "what if" ourselves into oblivion if you like)

That is an utterly nonsensical response. There is no what if. All, bar emergency, endoscopies and colonoscopies have been postponed. That will, without any doubt, result in late diagnosis of cancers and other issues. Now, you can balance this against deaths from Covid-19 and say that you are happy for these postponements and others like them to continue, but others can equally say that they prefer that these treatments went ahead in preference to an all out focus on Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

paw patrol wrote: »
    You seem to equate responsibility with compliance.

they aren't the same. I am taking responsibility by deciding these restrictions are excessive. I haven't done that lightly.
    And I won't follow them blindly like a dope.

So you're an anarchist now Father?
    Fight da powa!

Society works by people comply with the rules, you are not as awesome or as special as you seem to think you are chief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Actually f*ck off. What business is it of yours?

It’s upto them. It’s only guidelines, it’s not the law. Imbecile

Well it's everyone's business really, fine if we don't give a flying fúck about ourselves but what about the people around us, I certainly don't want to see any of my nearest and dearest having 5, 10, 20 or 50 years cut off their lives.
    Think of that poor woman on the news last night who lost her 52 year old son, with two nurses holding his hands and no family around him. No one should have to die in those circumstances so this should be everyone's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

“ If you don’t behave and stay in we will extend the lockdown “ is not going to work
    In fact it will make people break it more

What will work is a plan and inform the public of the plan
    ‘ If we stay in until May the 5th then we will try to relax the 2 k or we will try to allow people see family as long as the stay 2-4 metres apart “
    People see no light now and its getting to a lot of people as they are getting restless because of no real plan in place

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

paw patrol wrote: »
    You seem to equate responsibility with compliance.

they aren't the same. I am taking responsibility by deciding these restrictions are excessive. I haven't done that lightly.
    And I won't follow them blindly like a dope.

Naturally you lot wont take any responsibility.

Its de gubbermints fault if you catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    “ If you don’t behave and stay in we will extend the lockdown “ is not going to work
    In fact it will make people break it more

Mighnt be a bad idea to set up like the bank holiday and start fining any dopes doing that.

Hell their stupidity might help fund the country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I went for a walk/run out to poolbeg lighthouse today probably about 4k radius 11km total. I'm planning to get back to doing some cycling next week outside the 2k limit. Im just not getting enough exercise currently

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

silverharp wrote: »
    I went for a walk/run out to poolbeg lighthouse today probably about 4k radius 11km total. I'm planning to get back to doing some cycling next week outside the 2k limit. Im just not getting enough exercise currently

You could actually try a loop inside the 2km radius! That way you wouldnt need to break the rules and could save lives. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

gmisk wrote: »
    Just got a call from my husband some thicko has left their dog in a car panting away when it's extremely warm out with zero water, probably to go and queue at Tesco's.
    It doesn't surprise me some people flout the recommendations, this shows the level of decency some people have.

So your husband checked everywhere for water even under the back seats?

How long did he wait on the owner to come back? Lot of presumptions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Why did you need to go beyond the 2km limit? Could you not have re-run part of the route to bring you up to your 11km target. And does a 2km radius not give you a circumference greater than 11 m anyway?????

Why did you need to go beyond the 2km limit? Could you not have re-run part of the route to bring you up to your 11km target. And does a 2km radius not give you a circumference greater than 11 m anyway?????

That's what I meant! You can do a loop, I don't think they understand that so I was explaining it to them. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Unelected CMO

FionnK86 wrote: »
    You could actually try a loop inside the 2km radius! That way you wouldnt need to break the rules and could save lives. :)

Proof that the 2k radius “saves lives” and wasn’t just picked out of thin air by our unelected “Emergency” Govt?

I just want to kill more people :pac: , in my defense the busy part is the first part, u be tripping over kids, people on bikes , groups of people. the last part is the empty part.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Proof that the 2k radius “saves lives” and wasn’t just picked out of thin air by our unelected “Emergency” Govt?

I don't have any proof, i'm not an expert, I don't have any qualifications.

Do you have any qualifications or experience of pandemics that might suggest a wider radius is better? You could enlighten us here on this thread?

But I do think that the medical experts have had some say in the radius and have advised the government. Doctors normally go to school for a long time so I trust them a lot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have drove to a bigger supermarket for shopping twice this week and drove by the beach butb didn't get out of the car at the beach

I just want to kill more people :pac: , in my defense the busy part is the first part, u be tripping over kids, people on bikes , groups of people. the last part is the empty part.

That's really a bad thing to say! That's something a bad person would say ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

794 people have died from it in Ireland, people need to suck it up and get used to a few months at home. It isn't scaremongering if anyone's grandparents stay living. People getting lax is because they are selfish and short sighted.

Up to 60% of those deaths were in nursing homes that were absolutely left up sh1t creek by the HSE and our minister for health.

• Advertisement

Each to their own , I find it boring walking or otherwise doing laps. In theory I could walk 15 times around my block to get in 11 or 12K , realistically I wouldnt do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Do you have any qualifications or experience of pandemics that might suggest a wider radius is better? You could enlighten us here on this thread?

But I do think that the medical experts have had some say in the radius and have advised the government. Doctors normally go to school for a long time so I trust them a lot! :D

You really shouldn't trust medical doctors for anything other than diagnosing and treating you for an illness. Scientists are the experts qualified to deal with a pandemic and medical doctors are the experts qualified to deal with the results of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/montpelliers-junior-sambia-hospitalised-with-suspected/1aq9qg79hy7oy1o5b1q6h56en8

If a 23 year old professional footballer can end up in intensive care, its safe to say its not just people who were already on deaths door that need to be carefull.

Where does it say he’s in intensive care in that article?? They don’t even know if he’s got Coronavirus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

There's a few popping up here and there saying they will be ignoring the restrictions soon. Plain and simply some of these people will pass on the virus causing deaths to their family members and others. That's what they're choosing to do. Yet they're validating their decision by saying they're fed up etc etc..

And some actually seem to say it proudly!?! As if they're fighting the man. You're not, you're a bloody clown.

We'll get over all this, with a few more grieving families because of the idiots but we will get over it. Most people are good people and will continue to make good decisions.

the 2K is arbitrary , I guess what they were trying to avoid was scenes like in Glendalough with streams of traffic and people turning un-congested but scenic areas into busy looking streets. or people willy-nilly travelling round the country.

According to this study though outside is safer to inside, once you arent using public transport I suppose

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

Abstract
    Background: By early April 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic had infected nearly one million people and had spread to nearly all countries worldwide. It is essential to understand where and how SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted. Methods: Case reports were extracted from the local Municipal Health Commissions of 320 prefectural cities (municipalities) in China, not including Hubei province, between 4 January and 11 February 2020. We identified all outbreaks involving three or more cases and reviewed the major characteristics of the enclosed spaces in which the outbreaks were reported and associated indoor environmental issues. Results: Three hundred and eighteen outbreaks with three or more cases were identified, involving 1245 confirmed cases in 120 prefectural cities. We divided the venues in which the outbreaks occurred into six categories: homes, transport, food, entertainment, shopping, and miscellaneous. Among the identified outbreaks, 53.8% involved three cases, 26.4% involved four cases, and only 1.6% involved ten or more cases. Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%), followed by transport (108; 34.0%; note that many outbreaks involved more than one venue category). Most home outbreaks involved three to five cases. We identified only a single outbreak in an outdoor environment, which involved two cases. Conclusions: All identified outbreaks of three or more cases occurred in an indoor environment, which confirms that sharing indoor space is a major SARS-CoV-2 infection risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Where does it say he’s in intensive care in that article?? They don’t even know if he’s got Coronavirus.

I have heard a lot of people question local deaths, especially for those who might be considered as not in a vunerable group, and if CV19 is involved.

People of all ages were always dying of various things before the virus arrived, just because they continue to die doesn't mean young people are being killed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if this virus is going nowhere, we may need to re-evaluate our attitude to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Two or three more weeks of restrictions after May 5 if people don't stay home.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sono Topolino

You’re an irresponsible arsehole, putting lives at risk by ignoring rules designed to protect you and others. You can easily run/walk 11km within the 2km radius.

This is why we need to ban jogging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Two or three more weeks of restrictions after May 5 if people don't stay home.

during which progressively fewer and fewer people will obey restrictions

Advertisement