Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don't know of any evidence to say that either SARS-CoV-1 or SARS-CoV-2 are strains of influenza.

229E
    NL63
    OC43
    HKU1

These are all types of coronavirus. I don't think any of them are strains of influenza.

Well, influenza isn’t caused by a coronavirus so of course covid19 isn’t a flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Tony Holohan and Simon Harris would do well to come here and get all the advice being dished out instead of getting their information from the experts.

The same Simon Harris that hadn't a clue what he was talking about the other day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hard facts from someone with relations working in the industry are still hard to swallow (for some). My family have less to do than this time last year...but let’s ignore that.

Keep your blinkers on.

With this deadly, killing virus, lets hang tight for the “second wave”.

Yesterday you said the virus sample “was PCR” so the testing couldn’t be trusted, apparently oblivious to the fact that PCR is a laboratory technique. I don’t think you’re in any position to be lecturing anyone else about blinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

fryup wrote: »
    look at galway town centre for a gauge of people's attitudes

Pretty much empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

All you will see at GPO is drug addicts

How are they getting drugs I wonder will all the Gardai around and the travel restrictions. Maybe they will all detox in this time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just looked at theres hardly anyone about, same with the web cam at the GPO in Dublin. Extremely quiet
    Being one of those essential types(now we're doomed if I'm essential :D ) I've been out and about more than most and yeah I found the centre of Dublin is very quiet alright and has remained so, but in the suburbs especially around the busy ring roads traffic is very much up on last week. Two weeks back I was on the N11 heading for Ashford neck of the woods and it was eerily quiet. I mean I could have gone for the Irish land speed record and wouldn't have worried about traffic up ahead. Well after I was waved through a Garda checkpoint... Was on the same N11 on Wednesday last and it was far busier. Down on normal definitely, but noticeably more traffic.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think the guards are getting a bit complacent too. Had to drive 40 mins to somewhere this morning for an essential journey and didn't meet one guard in either direction. Seems like they were out in force during easter and they have eased off a bit now?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Once physical distancing is being observed , what's the problem? You know live has to go on.

I wouldn't necessarily call standing outside a chipper essential. The idea of a lock down is for people to limit their exposure to one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You idiots, graduates of Google University and Instagram College of Narcissism, who think you know more about this than the Chief Medical Officer of the HSE will be the reason this lockdown is prolonged. You were told to Stay the Fùck at Home, for your sake and the sake of your fellow citizens, and that’s what you should do unless and until you get a degree in Epidemiology and then you can debate the evidence.

Fall in line or take a running jump.

How many Epidemiologists on NPHET??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

And? No crowds plenty of distance between people I when Iooked.

well i've been checking that webcam everyday...and today is by far the busiest seems like some people are getting more mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Wibbs wrote: »
    Being one of those essential types(now we're doomed if I'm essential :D ) I've been out and about more than most and yeah I found the centre of Dublin is very quiet alright and has remained so, but in the suburbs especially around the busy ring roads traffic is very much up on last week. Two weeks back I was on the N11 heading for Ashford neck of the woods and it was eerily quiet. I mean I could have gone for the Irish land speed record and wouldn't have worried about traffic up ahead. Well after I was waved through a Garda checkpoint... Was on the same N11 on Wednesday last and it was far busier. Down on normal definitely, but noticeably more traffic.

Yeah I know what you mean. Did bray to city centre in 20 mins yesterday morning, more on the road than same time last week. Best way I could have described it was a quiet Saturday morning. Likewise 20 mins back at 5 yesterday evening. Waved through a few checkpoints and that was it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

fryup wrote: »
    well i've been checking that webcam everyday...and today is by far the busiest seems like some people are getting more mobile

Again plenty of distance between people so what's the issue?
    You know this lockdown will have to be lifted soon. Life has to go on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

trapp wrote: »
    For most people who get it the illness will be mild.

Look at Tubridy for instance, back at work quite quickly.

Mild is relative. I didn't qualify for a test but from March 18th to April 4th, I couldn't breathe easily if I moved. When I stayed in bed I could easily breathe shallowly and work at taking a deep breath but if I went to make some lunch or talk I was gasping for breath. I had some mild flu like symptoms, a severe sore throat to start and spikes of high temperature but I mostly felt fine. Not being able to breathe properly is tiring but I had no problem binge watching Babylon Berlin and reading subtitles. I've been sicker before, had a bad flu in January that totally made me pause my binge watch of Dark as subtitles were completely beyond me on the rare occasions I even felt up to watching tv. But I've never been sick for nearly 3 weeks before.

Then almost instantly I recovered. Like a switch had been flicked. I was feeling great and I got quite busy doing all the stuff I'd neglected while I'd been unable to breathe. 4 days later my breathing got hard again and I started getting stabbing pains in my right lung. My GP sent me to A&E where I was eventually diagnosed with post-viral pleurisy in the right lung with the virus most likely being Covid. It's been more than 2 weeks since that started. I'm on day 39 since onset of symptoms. And I'm not alone. A lot of people are reporting a long illness. Seeming recovery. Then post viral complications. Which tallies with reports of the virus showing up again on tests of previously recovered people. Some viruses, like Epstein Barr, can have a very long recovery time and can flare up again following a resumption of activity. This may be similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

endainoz wrote: »
    I think the guards are getting a bit complacent too. Had to drive 40 mins to somewhere this morning for an essential journey and didn't meet one guard in either direction. Seems like they were out in force during easter and they have eased off a bit now?

I imagine they'll be out in force again next weekend. I've no doubt the 'just will not be told' eejits are already planning how to get to their holiday homes without being spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What is it with the Dubs from working class areas and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Anyone breaking the rules around here are from this background, either them or their children.

Gob****es out with goal posts and a game of footie on the green. Guards came along and they scattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What is it with the Dubs from working class areas and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Anyone breaking the rules around here are from this background, either them or their children.

Gob****es out with goal posts and a game of footie on the green. Guards came along and they scattered.

Most be comical dubs watching other dubs and thinking wonder if they have a traveller strain in them as they won't follow the rules while the rest of the country is wondering when there going to build a wall around Dublin to keep the dubs away from the rest of so we can go back to normal. All dubs are a problem you just can't see it from inside the pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Most be comical dubs watching other dubs and thinking wonder if they have a traveller strain in them as they won't follow the rules while the rest of the country is wondering when there going to build a wall around Dublin to keep the dubs away from the rest of so we can go back to normal. All dubs are a problem you just can't see it from inside the pale.

Shut up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

iguana wrote: »
    Mild is relative. I didn't qualify for a test but from March 18th to April 4th, I couldn't breathe easily if I moved. When I stayed in bed I could easily breathe shallowly and work at taking a deep breath but if I went to make some lunch or talk I was gasping for breath. I had some mild flu like symptoms, a severe sore throat to start and spikes of high temperature but I mostly felt fine. Not being able to breathe properly is tiring but I had no problem binge watching Babylon Berlin and reading subtitles. I've been sicker before, had a bad flu in January that totally made me pause my binge watch of Dark as subtitles were completely beyond me on the rare occasions I even felt up to watching tv. But I've never been sick for nearly 3 weeks before.

Then almost instantly I recovered. Like a switch had been flicked. I was feeling great and I got quite busy doing all the stuff I'd neglected while I'd been unable to breathe. 4 days later my breathing got hard again and I started getting stabbing pains in my right lung. My GP sent me to A&E where I was eventually diagnosed with post-viral pleurisy in the right lung with the virus most likely being Covid. It's been more than 2 weeks since that started. I'm on day 39 since onset of symptoms. And I'm not alone. A lot of people are reporting a long illness. Seeming recovery. Then post viral complications. Which tallies with reports of the virus showing up again on tests of previously recovered people. Some viruses, like Epstein Barr, can have a very long recovery time and can flare up again following a resumption of activity. This may be similar.

I hope you get better soon iguana, sounds like you got a horrible dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

mulbot wrote: »
    The same Simon Harris that hadn't a clue what he was talking about the other day?

Oh he,s not perfect after all.

People like to pick holes in everything instead of giving some credit to those people spending hours upon hours helping the country.

It,s easy take these people apart while it s us who actually have the power to do something we have been asked to do.
    People moving about more like spoilt children who need to realise this will take time to sort and there is no quick fix solution
    The government didn't cause this and they cannot fix this on their own. We need to take responsibility for our own actions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I don't mind the real dubs myself, you know the inner city old folk singer's and creative types, musicians artist's and the type who up sticks and decide they need to go West for a better lifestyle..
    Drop roots because they've more in common with us rural people than the hum drum of city life..

Lovely people I've met from Dublin, you've Dubs who are grounded, earthy and poetic in their ways..

But I've yet to meet a middle class humble Dub, the nice Dublin people I've met are either working class or millionaire row types..

Why are the middle class dubs so dull, full of their own importance and look down on everyone, but yet they're the laughing stock if the country ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I hear that my local parks in Limerick city and Castletroy are packed today with brainless fools having themselves BBQs and picnics.

FFS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I hear that my local parks in Limerick city and Castletroy are packed today with brainless fools having themselves BBQs and picnics.

FFS.

Hopefully they'll have plastic cutlery ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

FFS.

hon the resistance, they'll sing songs to their grandchildren about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

The promanade in Galway mobbed apparently. The **** is wrong with people ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Heckler wrote: »

Life moves on. Join us.

Recent studies are showing that getting Vitamin D lowers the risk of contracting Covid-19 so it's good to see people outside enjoying the sunshine and helping lower their risk.

Heckler wrote: »

https://twitter.com/NuachtRTE/status/1254009264647143425?s=19

Looks like it's been stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Recent studies are showing that getting Vitamin D lowers the risk of contracting Covid-19 so it's good to see people outside enjoying the sunshine and helping lower their risk.

Any proof of this? I havent seen this study yet

JJJackal wrote: »
    Any proof of this? I havent seen this study yet

Your saying auntie Mary's post on FB isn't a reliable source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

doylefe wrote: »
    Life moves on. Join us.

No thanks. Idiot.

Advertisement