Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭endainoz

Heckler wrote: »
    No thanks. Idiot.

Don't bother insulting, just ignore and don't engage, nothing pisses them off more.

JJJackal wrote: »
    Any proof of this? I havent seen this study yet

Sure the study is mentioned at the end of this article.

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=27163

No thanks. Idiot.

Why is he an Idiot? He's right people need to stop overly panicking about the current situation. Go out for a walk and enjoy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,242 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Most be comical dubs watching other dubs and thinking wonder if they have a traveller strain in them as they won't follow the rules while the rest of the country is wondering when there going to build a wall around Dublin to keep the dubs away from the rest of so we can go back to normal. All dubs are a problem you just can't see it from inside the pale.
    nthclare wrote: »
    I don't mind the real dubs myself, you know the inner city old folk singer's and creative types, musicians artist's and the type who up sticks and decide they need to go West for a better lifestyle..
    Drop roots because they've more in common with us rural people than the hum drum of city life..

Lovely people I've met from Dublin, you've Dubs who are grounded, earthy and poetic in their ways..

But I've yet to meet a middle class humble Dub, the nice Dublin people I've met are either working class or millionaire row types..

Why are the middle class dubs so dull, full of their own importance and look down on everyone, but yet they're the laughing stock if the country ?

Incredible how this can be turned into a Dubs bashing thread in an instant. Pathetic really.

Incredible how this can be turned into a Dubs bashing thread in an instant. Pathetic really.

Truth hurts eh?

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Truth hurts eh?

Whatever makes you happy. I’m just glad I’m not you.

Truth hurts eh?

And exactly what truth would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

I cant believe how iditoic and selfish people are on this thread.

The more people stick with the measures the quicker its over. If people get complacent it ll be longer. Your fed up and bored? So what!!! (yes People have genuine M.Health issues+other problems so talking more broadly)

We have unlimited entertainment and information at our finger tips. Use it as time to read learn personal development or just binge on Netflix! You can easily get 10km out of the 2km limit without having to walk in circles. Think of all those who have died and their families who couldn't say a proper goodbye. Think of those with it in ICU wards which are full and think of our frontline heros what they are going through. Watch the grim sky news report from the hospital in the Italian epicenter if your still not convinced. It's not a time for a sure its grand attitude

To borrow the popular internet phase- "Other generations were asked to go to war we are just being asked to sit on the couch at home. You ll be fine":

Whatever makes you happy. I’m just glad I’m not you.

No worries lad, now please stay in the Pale away from the rest of the country.

No worries lad, now please stay in the Pale away from the rest of the country.

Haha. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

doylefe wrote: »
    Life moves on. Join us.

cec1a9fbc1397230ecb46ca21d33fc69.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RCK1 wrote: »
    I cant believe how iditoic and selfish people are on this thread.

The more people stick with the measures the quicker its over. If people get complacent it ll be longer. Your fed up and bored? So what!!! (yes People have genuine M.Health issues+other problems so talking more broadly)

We have unlimited entertainment and information at our finger tips. Use it as time to read learn personal development or just binge on Netflix! You can easily get 10km out of the 2km limit without having to walk in circles. Thinking of all those who have died and what their families who couldn't say a proper goodbye. Think of those with it in ICU wards which are full and think of our frontline heros what they are going through.

To borrow the popular internet phase- "Other generations were asked to go to war we are just being asked to sit on the couch at home. You ll be fine":
    Another week of this restriction is about as far as a lot of people can go. Imaging others are as resolute as you does not take account of people's circumstances. They are not all selfish, some of them clearly using the time out to given their families a well-needed respite from the confines of their own home.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Another week of this restriction is about as far as a lot of people can go. Imaging others are as resolute as you does not take account of people's circumstances. They are not all selfish, some of them clearly using the time out to given their families a well-needed respite from the confines of their own home.

As far as people can go?

Then what? They shout "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!".....

This isn't a fcucking game show. People die.

Why is he an Idiot? He's right people need to stop overly panicking about the current situation. Go out for a walk and enjoy life.

Especially for you.....

www.Mensa.org

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

As far as people can go?

Then what? They shout "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!".....

This isn't a fcucking game show. People die.
    Not much of sales pitch, l'm afraid. Just comes across as angry and dare I say in dire need of a relaxation of restrictions!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not much of sales pitch, l'm afraid. Just comes across as angry and dare I say in dire need of a relaxation of restrictions!

Nice ninja edit considering the sun must be in your eyes on the cool people's beach.

Have you not got homework to do or something?

Also
    www.mensa.org

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

I go to work (considered essential) come home,have dinner, some TV or video games. Its not that hard. If we can all just do it for another few weeks we'll reap the benefit. I realise it's not easy. I have an elderly mother who hasnt left the house in 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had reason to go to kk earlier. To collect someone from hospital. Non- covid related. The roads were dead quiet. Only agricultural traffic really. Very few out and about in kk. And the hospital was a ghost town. I didn’t see Gardaí either mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I go to work (considered essential) come home,have dinner, some TV or video games. Its not that hard. If we can all just do it for another few weeks we'll reap the benefit. I realise it's not easy. I have an elderly mother who hasnt left the house in 5 weeks.

'we'll reap the benefit'. What do you think is going to happen in a few weeks, genuine question.
    I also go to work, i doubt it's easy either but since I don't have to stay at home I have no idea how difficult it is.
    As an aside my father is 73 and goes for a walk everyday. He understands the danger of the virus but has no interest in being confined to his home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I hope you get better soon iguana, sounds like you got a horrible dose.

Thanks. It's not even that horrible though, it's fairly mild, just relentless. The worst part now is knowing that even though I'm probably 90% better, that it might come back. I'd rather have had a really horrible week like I did with the flu but have it be nothing but a memory a month later than have something so limiting drag on and on.

That said a friend of a friend died from what appears to be this virus this week. Seemingly fit & healthy, not elderly, extremely unexpected. So a crappy 6 weeks or so really is getting off lightly in the grand scheme of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I think anyone who thinks things will much different in a few weeks is way off .Buisness will have to get started under some conditions soon .The money will have to be found to pay for all the welfare being handed out .The working poor will be hit hard over the next few years .Keeping people stuck inside for months is not going to make the virus go away we have no cure yet looks like a year away at least .Some people have had a terrible time and that is awful but we have to slowly get up and back to as near to normal asap .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

I Keeping people stuck inside for months is not going to make the virus go away we have no cure yet looks like a year away at least .Some people have had a terrible time and that is awful but we have to slowly get up and back to as near to normal asap .

Strange to have to say this considering it has been repeated on media incessantly

It’s not about making the virus go away

A lot of people will get it

It’s about making sure that everyone doesn’t catch it at the same time and overwhelm the hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

Yes, you go to work but, maybe consider what it's like for those that can't. Would you think playing video games all day would lead you to the same conclusions about it not being hard if that's all you could do-get in touch with reality man

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

mulbot wrote: »
    Yes, you go to work but, maybe consider what it's like for those that can't. Would you think playing video games all day would lead you to the same conclusions about it not being hard if that's all you could do-get in touch with reality man

Are you serious? There's a hundred and one things to do all day. I hate the word snowflake but it really applies to those complaining about a couple of weeks or even months at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Are you serious? There's a hundred and one things to do all day. I hate the word snowflake but it really applies to those complaining about a couple of weeks or even months at home.

It's incredible arrogance to assume that others are snowflakes because they find their situation tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm staying in, still using mask, gloves, sanitiser and practicing social distancing. It annoys the hell out of me people not doing so, selfishly it's partly because i miss the missus and it's frustrating being apart. I hope people adhere to the governments plan and that there is some lifting of restrictions if it's deemed appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Of course the main thing is to stop mass infection but I do think more places could be given the chance to open under conditions. Boredom will set in with some people and that's not healthy for them not as bad as the virus of course but poor lifestyle choices may be made and will cause problems for some .Not everyone has the self discipline to make the right choices so getting out a bit would be right for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

wally79 wrote: »
    Strange to have to say this considering it has been repeated on media incessantly

It’s not about making the virus go away

A lot of people will get it

It’s about making sure that everyone doesn’t catch it at the same time and overwhelm the hospitals

Well if you can get it again ( not sure if you can or not) isn't it likely that when we attempt to get back to normal life it could overwhelm the hospitals then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I stay in except for shopping once a week . I have plenty to do and I keep myself occupied . But I am perfectly entitled to say I find it tough , I find it tough not to hug my grandchildren , I find it tough not to see friends , I find it tough some days not to cry and miss the easy days of two months ago
    I fully understand why and will stay put to keep us all alive but once again I will say it , it’s a pain in the ass .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

eggy81 wrote: »
    Well if you can get it again ( not sure if you can or not) isn't it likely that when we attempt to get back to normal life it could overwhelm the hospitals then anyway.
    Currently they believe if you catch it, you might develop immunity for a couple of months at least. So all of the people that have had it, could become reinfected by the end of the summer, which is why the best solution is to keep it under control.

If people want to go out, go out, but do it responsibly. I went to the store earlier to get some essentials, and the idiot at the door was waiting about 15 seconds and then saying 'go on ahead there'. He wasn't waiting for anyone to come out. When I got in the place was fairly busy, one woman had 2 children with her running around the shop like normal. I turned and left the place.
    It is one thing to want to go out and stay fit/get air etc..
    It is another thing entirely to start acting like there is no virus, and act wrecklessly.
    Kentucky had the protests against lockdown, and then had the highest spike in infections.
    Manchester had the house party's and had the highest amount of deaths.
    It's not rocket science.

Stay in as much as possible, and when out be responsible. Who gives f**k if you want to go to the pub etc..? So do many others, they're just not being as petulant and selfish about it. They more responsible people act, the easier it may be to control it.
    I have heard of a few house partys last night already.

Advertisement