Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sorry guys nothing can take away from what she said, its quite clear.

Get the full interview. Apart from that its more junk on the web from a person who looks to have some issues

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So Blaze, you want the rest of us to subsidise air travel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Water John wrote: »
    So Blaze, you want the rest of us to subsidise air travel?

No I’d prefer the green pricks keep their hands off air travel - nobody asked them for suggestions or input. Given the covid situation a lot of countries including our own will need tourists, the greens can **** off to the baby seat where they belong if they think making it ultra expensive will do anything. In fact, the baby seat is where most green ideas belong- so they can be shut the **** up when a big spoon of reality comes zooming in.

So you'd prefer if carbon tax is removed from fossil fuel?

So you'd prefer if carbon tax is removed from fossil fuel?

Do you think I’m some sort of green supporter going by previous post? I don’t want these imbeciles anywhere near taxes or decision making, not within an asses roar of it. They can **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Blaze420 wrote: »
    No I’d prefer the green pricks keep their hands off air travel - nobody asked them for suggestions or input. Given the covid situation a lot of countries including our own will need tourists, the greens can **** off to the baby seat where they belong if they think making it ultra expensive will do anything. In fact, the baby seat is where most green ideas belong- so they can be shut the **** up when a big spoon of reality comes zooming in.

What about the reality that all the scientists say is on the way if meaningful action is not made to curb the excess use of resources?

Or do you think at that point it will be just a simple case of clicking fingers and behaving differently?

What about the reality that all the scientists say is on the way if meaningful action is not made to curb the excess use of resources?

Or do you think at that point it will be just a simple case of clicking fingers and behaving differently?

I think your “scientists” are full of **** and watching one too many disaster movies.

I think you will find in the last two elections the Greens have never had a better performance. So yes loads of people asked for their suggestion and input

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

People on here need to do a bit of research - I’ll give one google search term suggestion - carbon in atmosphere graph - truly frightening stuff

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think you will find in the last two elections the Greens have never had a better performance. So yes loads of people asked for their suggestion and input

Election 1 - barely any voter turnout, therefore no reasonable indication of a “green wave”
    GE 2020 - only 6% of those polled put climate as a priority for them.

Where you getting the better performance from? Those of us who lived through the last recession haven’t forgot about these tree hugging ***** or what they did to the country in conjunction with FF.

• Advertisement

“Green pricks” you say?

Do you realise how dire the climate emergency is at the moment and how bad the outlook 50/100 years out from 2020 is?

Do you realise how dire the climate emergency is at the moment and how bad the outlook 50/100 years out from 2020 is?

Who gives a **** what happens 100 years from now? Honestly...with everything happening now you think people are concerned about what will happen when they are long dead?? Nobody cares but it’s convienient for you to believe they do - spoiler alert, they don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Thankfully most of the human race are not as selfish as some.

There isn't a whole lot more that can be said about the attitude of some, thankfully, the extremes of their view are only held by a small percentage of people.

There isn't a whole lot more that can be said about the attitude of some, thankfully, the extremes of their view are only held by a small percentage of people.

Incorrect - might explain why your precious greens only got 6% of a vote. Ignore the reality all you want, the “majority” will be on board until you start taxing them in to oblivion for things beyond their control.

Where were you protesting on May 1st, when the carbon taxes were increased?
    Massive crowds in all major cities at the protests, Govn't cannot ignore them.

Where were you protesting on May 1st, when the carbon taxes were increased?
    Massive crowds in all major cities at the protests, Govn't cannot ignore them.

What a ridiculous comment - how do you think anyone was protesting on May 1st with lockdown in place? The blame of that lays on the greens - a timely reminder that these snake bellied cock suckers should never be trusted or let anywhere near decision making.

You must have been dreaming of Saoirse when you wrote that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Lol. I have seen the true colours of the so called treehuggers out there during the covid 19 crisis. They don’t give a f***k about people whatsover. They are all patting covid on the back for grounding planes, comments like “ well done covid” blah blah blah. Why don’t ye go tell that to the 300k dead and their families?
    They’d burn people so their cabbage would grow better in their window sills.
    Not sure where the green wave is considering 94% voted against them, but at least they’ll have some purpose in government as tea boys . “. 2 sugars there Eamonn”

Election 1 - barely any voter turnout, therefore no reasonable indication of a “green wave”
    GE 2020 - only 6% of those polled put climate as a priority for them.

Where you getting the better performance from? Those of us who lived through the last recession haven’t forgot about these tree hugging ***** or what they did to the country in conjunction with FF.

Well if you lived through the recession then you should have some idea what went on, seems like your a bit ignorant in what actually happened

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Lol. I have seen the true colours of the so called treehuggers out there during the covid 19 crisis. They don’t give a f***k about people whatsover. They are all patting covid on the back for grounding planes, comments like “ well done covid” blah blah blah. Why don’t ye go tell that to the 300k dead and their families?
    They’d burn people so their cabbage would grow better in their window sills.
    Not sure where the green wave is considering 94% voted against them, but at least they’ll have some purpose in government as tea boys . “. 2 sugars there Eamonn”

75% voted against SF but we still have to listen to BS every day about change :-)

You do realize every party has a green agenda? Every manifesto?

Did you read any of the manifestos?

• Advertisement

You must have been dreaming of Saoirse when you wrote that line.

No explanatory or logical reply to make then?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    75% voted against SF but we still have to listen to BS every day about change :-)

You do realize every party has a green agenda? Every manifesto?

Did you read any of the manifestos?

I don’t care about SF either, you won’t see me listening to their sh*t . Yeah sure fg and ff have manifestos but if Greens had power they’d hang people out to dry to get their cult policies in. At least ff/fg aren’t stupid enough to go that far. If people really cared about the climate and listened to all the Alarmist BS i think they would have done better than 6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don’t care about SF either, you won’t see me listening to their sh*t . Yeah sure fg and ff have manifestos but if Greens had power they’d hang people out to dry to get their cult policies in. At least ff/fg aren’t stupid enough to go that far. If people really cared about the climate and listened to all the Alarmist BS i think they would have done better than 6%.

Yeah protecting nature is a cult policy, you might want to look into the biodiversity crisis in Ireland if you think nothing needs to be done.
    The ignorance of people towards the Earth is astonishing. If we carry on as is the planet is f*cked.

Yeah protecting nature is a cult policy, you might want to look into the biodiversity crisis in Ireland if you think nothing needs to be done.
    The ignorance of people towards the Earth is astonishing. If we carry on as is the planet is f*cked.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Protecting people is more important like the vulnerable less well off in rural Ireland. But going by a few posts i have seen in the Covid thread we know that definately isn’t a priority.

From what i have learnt during this crisis is that treehuggers are a bigger disease than covid and climate change put together.

Quit the alarmist BS . The earth isn’t ****ed.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Protecting people is more important like the vulnerable less well off in rural Ireland. But going by a few posts i have seen in the Covid thread we know that definately isn’t a priority.

From what i have learnt during this crisis is that treehuggers are a bigger disease than covid and climate change put together.

Quit the alarmist BS . The earth isn’t ****ed.

I think you need to do some research on just how bad the climate emergency is - google is your friend on this.

I think you need to do some research on just how bad the climate emergency is - google is your friend on this.

It’s not as bad as you and your followers think, we aren’t going to die in the next 10 years. There is lots going on to help the environment as it is. Cars for example have so much tech these days their emissions are quite low.. actually my next car will be a Tesla when charging points are improved.

While you’re suggesting i should use google i suggest you might do the same. Climate change is happening like it has done for eons. Even the sun has increased it’s energy output overthe last 100 years. Also as the sun ages it will get hotter. Climate change is going to happen anyway.

I believe the sun is now going through a phase of less activity , apparently some scientists were a little concerned about a mini ice age. Speaking of scientists i’m not sure if i’d trust them totally especially after the scientists at WHO fecked up.

A lot of people won’t give a toss about climate change after this virus.

It’s not as bad as you and your followers think, we aren’t going to die in the next 10 years. There is lots going on to help the environment as it is. Cars for example have so much tech these days their emissions are quite low.. actually my next car will be a Tesla when charging points are improved.

While you’re suggesting i should use google i suggest you might do the same. Climate change is happening like it has done for eons. Even the sun has increased it’s energy output overthe last 100 years. Also as the sun ages it will get hotter. Climate change is going to happen anyway.

I believe the sun is now going through a phase of less activity , apparently some scientists were a little concerned about a mini ice age. Speaking of scientists i’m not sure if i’d trust them totally especially after the scientists at WHO fecked up.

A lot of people won’t give a toss about climate change after this virus.

So we can just keep producing things infinitely? And just keep hoovering up all resources and destroying the earth? We can keep polluting our waterways in Ireland? We can keep growing animal agriculture at the expense of everything else on the planet?
    Just 20 of our rivers in Ireland are considered pristine as opposed to 500 in the 1980s. You're ok to continue on as is until we've no clean rivers?
    I didn't know the Healy Raes posted on this site.

So we can just keep producing things infinitely? And just keep hoovering up all resources and destroying the earth? We can keep polluting our waterways in Ireland? We can keep growing animal agriculture at the expense of everything else on the planet?
    Just 20 of our rivers in Ireland are considered pristine as opposed to 500 in the 1980s. You're ok to continue on as is until we've no clean rivers?
    I didn't know the Healy Raes posted on this site.

More unsubstantiated bs. It’s obvious you have never stepped out of Dublin. You need to take a trip down here and check the waterways yourself. It’s nothing like the BS you just posted. Ireland is as beautiful as it always has been.Total exaggeration.

Sure lets stop producing everything and go back to the stone ages.. never going to happen , get over it.

More unsubstantiated bs. It’s obvious you have never stepped out of Dublin. You need to take a trip down here and check the waterways yourself. It’s nothing like the BS you just posted. Ireland is as beautiful as it always has been.Total exaggeration.

Sure lets stop producing everything and go back to the stone ages.. never going to happen , get over it.

Lol. Jesus. You're something else. I'll trust the EPA over you thanks Micky.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/just-20-of-ireland-s-rivers-are-pristine-down-from-500-in-1980s-1.4110018

https://www.thejournal.ie/water-quality-ireland-4368379-Nov2018/

• Advertisement

Sure we can google all day with your bolloxogy. The media likes to exaggerate things. I’ll trust my eyes, ears and experiences over the media and you thanks.

I suggest taking a trip outside of Dublin and see for yourself, talk with the fishermen who catch lots of fish. It might do you good, you might actually start caring about other people too .

Advertisement