Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Begorrah go way with your facts and figures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Begorrah go way with your facts and figures

Yes based on being living in the countrside. Did i tell you the air is lovely and fresh down here?

Regarding polution of rivers, you need to look closer to home, that Liffey is disgusting. Maybe stop flushing your toilet for a start.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Yes based on being living in the countrside. Did i tell you the air is lovely and fresh down here?

Regarding polution of rivers, you need to look closer to home, that Liffey is disgusting. Maybe stop flushing your toilet for a start.

Dont know where you are in the country but parts of rural Ireland have terribly polluted air

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/solid-fuel-burning-to-blame-as-letterkenny-has-higher-levels-of-air-pollution-than-new-delhi-971995.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

If there is one thing that should be taken from the COVID crisis, is just how corrupt and misleading the media are. Constant fake news, misleading articles and simply just news media put out to help a particular cause. "Maybe you should use Google" is quite a dangerous phrase these days as you go looking for info you are now presented with a wealth of fake news, lies or simply misunderstood data presented by so called 'experts'.

Please dont believe something just because it has been posted on a news article.

Cona wrote: »
    If there is one thing that should be taken from the COVID crisis, is just how corrupt and misleading the media are. Constant fake news, misleading articles and simply just news media put out to help a particular cause. "Maybe you should use Google" is quite a dangerous phrase these days as you go looking for info you are now presented with a wealth of fake news, lies or simply misunderstood data presented by so called 'experts'.

Please dont believe something just because it has been posted on a news article.

So you think the Environmental Protection Agency are liars? I linked to their reports.

• Advertisement

Exactly this.

F*cking nutters. I'm out.

So you think the Environmental Protection Agency are liars? I linked to their reports.

Maybe the media that’s reporting it maybe liars . We have learned that lately. They like to twist things. They may have compared pollution figures with Nu Dehli on hot summers day vs. -5 degrees in winter in Lettekenny.

F*cking nutters. I'm out.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

you think they are above reproach and cant have an agenda?
    thats naive.

People say the same about universities, professors and PHD w@nkers.
    But as we see slowly but surely their opinions are sometimes sold to the highest bidder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hah, hah, Micky is taking no **** and flushing out the bluffers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Not as clearly as you think. Example from the Air Quality In Ireland report for 2018.

Solid fuel heating is a big problem for PM2.5, which has a significant impact on human health.

Cl87u6Z.png

Hah, hah, Micky is taking no **** and flushing out the bluffers.

So you believe the Environmental Protection Agency are lying about our water quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

So you believe the Environmental Protection Agency are lying about our water quality?

LOL, thought you were gone bluffer?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

No complaints of my water quality anyway. Makes lovely tea ;-) oh by the way my teabags are biodegradable;-)

Not as clearly as you think. Example from the Air Quality In Ireland report for 2018.

Solid fuel heating is a big problem for PM2.5, which has a significant impact on human health.

Cl87u6Z.png

Air quality will never be perfect regardless. I know plenty of asthmatics and cystic fibrosis, they are doing fine. Air quality down here isn’t a hinderance to them.

Air quality will never be perfect regardless. I know plenty of asthmatics and cystic fibrosis, they are doing fine. Air quality down here isn’t a hinderance to them.

PM2.5 is a problematic pollutant and is caused primarily by solid fuel heating. Solid fuel heating is more prevalent outside of cities.

PM2.5 is a problematic pollutant and is caused primarily by solid fuel heating. Solid fuel heating is more prevalent outside of cities.

There’s no alternative. But i’m guessing it’s the treehugger way cut their throats and let them freeze to death for my green cabbage patch.

Like i said i know a few people with lung issues and the air isn’t bothering them.

Solid fuel burning is a lot less these days, mostly oil/gas. I don’t burn solid fuel.

There’s no alternative. But i’m guessing it’s the treehugger way cut their throats and let them freeze to death for my green cabbage patch.

Like i said i know a few people with lung issues and the air isn’t bothering them.

Solid fuel burning is a lot less these days, mostly oil/gas. I don’t burn solid fuel.

No I'm just pointing out a fact because your post suggested the air was cleaner in 'the countryside' and I've said that that isn't necessarily true.

You know a few people with lung issues and as far as you know the air hasn't been an issue for them but it's very difficult to say it won't have a chronic health effect. Hopefully it doesn't.

But PM2.5 has an impact on human health and solid fuel heating is the primary generator and that is more prevalent outside of cities. Maybe not in your location. I'm not spinning it anyway just presenting a fact.

Not sure what cutting throats, treehuggers or cabbages has anything to do with the fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Long live Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So that all those who support going to net zero carbon begin to doubt themselves and begin to believe those posters here who think they're crackpots, take at look at the Liberal Conservative Think Tank; Bright Blue. It's advocating that the UK should be carbon neutral by 2050 and in series of essays sets out the arguements.

https://brightblue.org.uk/net-zero-more-urgent-than-ever-for-government-and-business/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Quite telling that this is one of the most thanked posts over the last couple of days.

Where do you get the information which helps you to form an opinion?
    Be specific please.

No I'm just pointing out a fact because your post suggested the air was cleaner in 'the countryside' and I've said that that isn't necessarily true.

You know a few people with lung issues and as far as you know the air hasn't been an issue for them but it's very difficult to say it won't have a chronic health effect. Hopefully it doesn't.

But PM2.5 has an impact on human health and solid fuel heating is the primary generator and that is more prevalent outside of cities. Maybe not in your location. I'm not spinning it anyway just presenting a fact.

Not sure what cutting throats, treehuggers or cabbages has anything to do with the fact.

The overall air in the countryside without doubt is cleaner. I’m guessing you live in Dublin. I can tell the difference in air quality everytime i visit Dublin. It’s quite noticable.

The overall air in the countryside without doubt is cleaner. I’m guessing you live in Dublin. I can tell the difference in air quality everytime i visit Dublin. It’s quite noticable.

That's very subjective and I'm not sure how you have determined air quality there.

I'm from down the country and visit regularly. I don't find an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Many towns are worse off since Harney banned the smoky coal in larger cities, against many vested interests, at the time.
    We heard all the fire grates would burn, not heat from alternative fuel etc.
    How many lives were saved?

Water John wrote: »
    Many towns are worse off since Harney banned the smoky coal in larger cities, against many vested interests, at the time.
    We heard all the fire grates would burn, not heat from alternative fuel etc.
    How many lives were saved?

There was a study published in The Lancet, I think, that suggested a reduction of 116 respiratory deaths and 243 cardiovascular deaths per year in Dublin after the the ban in Dublin.

I remember being a kid in primary school must have been about 1990 and I could barely breath with all the smog in the air, wheezing cough etc, in Northside Dublin. It's amazing what no brainer decisions can achieve regardless of dinosaurs trying to stop them.

I remember being a kid in primary school must have been about 1990 and I could barely breath with all the smog in the air, wheezing cough etc, in Northside Dublin. It's amazing what no brainer decisions can achieve regardless of dinosaurs trying to stop them.

Lol big difference from the countrtside. I never remember coughing and wheezing in the 90’s, or anyone else for that matter, oh maybe a heavy smoker ;-)

That's very subjective and I'm not sure how you have determined air quality there.

Well according to the monk he was able to tell with all the coughing and wheezing he was doing in the 90’s. I agree with him there about Dublin.

The air to me feels so much better here after i have been in Dublin. I notice it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

So we can just keep producing things infinitely? And just keep hoovering up all resources and destroying the earth? We can keep polluting our waterways in Ireland? We can keep growing animal agriculture at the expense of everything else on the planet?
    Just 20 of our rivers in Ireland are considered pristine as opposed to 500 in the 1980s. You're ok to continue on as is until we've no clean rivers?
    I didn't know the Healy Raes posted on this site.

Got a source for that stat?

Advertisement