Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    No thanks, nobody sane wants another election

How would we even run another election with Covid? It will cost millions and won’t change anything.

After looking at the smug face on Mehall last night on the Late Late I'd rather chance getting Covid 19 than see that delusional idiot that barely got elected running our country.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

After looking at the smug face on Mehall last night on the Late Late I'd rather chance getting Covid 19 than see that delusional idiot that barely got elected running our country.

I can't stand him. One time I was in a queue in a self service canteen beside him and he was popping the egg yolks out of the boiled eggs with a tongs and leaving them in the bowl, and only taking the whites. Not thinking of others. Just wrecking the eggs. Selfish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

I don't like Martin but I hate Tubs so it was great to see him putting Tubs back in his box. He is such a terrible interviewer, asks a question and before they even finish starts butting in. Head up his bum.....

So who you vote for Rows?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

No thanks, nobody sane wants another election

How would we even run another election with Covid? It will cost millions and won’t change anything.

I would wager that plenty of people want another election. The party who won the election got frozen out for one. The greens got 7% of the vote and are trying to get agreement on no less than 17 items!
    7%!
    This isn't democracy. It's. The old guard refusing to let go

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I would wager that plenty of people want another election. The party who won the election got frozen out for one. The greens got 7% of the vote and are trying to get agreement on no less than 17 items!
    7%!

FF ended up with most seats and won the election, according to interview last night they don’t want an election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I can't stand him. One time I was in a queue in a self service canteen beside him and he was popping the egg yolks out of the boiled eggs with a tongs and leaving them in the bowl, and only taking the whites. Not thinking of others. Just wrecking the eggs. Selfish!

What a perfect way to describe the Green party lol. BTW i have no interest in MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

7%!

Well why hasn't the party that 'won' the election bothered trying to talk to other parties about forming a Government?

It is possible to form a Government without FF and FG after all if they're that aggrieved by both of those parties fulfilling their commitment to the 43% of people who voted for them by not going in with the Shinners. But speaking of 'winning' and respecting 'mandates', I think you'll find that 43% is much greater than 24.5%.

Then again, basic maths was never a strong point with the Shinners.

Well why hasn't the party that 'won' the election bothered trying to talk to other parties about forming a Government?

It is possible to form a Government without FF and FG after all if they're that aggrieved by both of those parties fulfilling their commitment to the 43% of people who voted for them by not going in with the Shinners. But speaking of 'winning' and respecting 'mandates', I think you'll find that 43% is much greater than 24.5%.

Then again, basic maths was never a strong point with the Shinners.

43% is both parties joined up. Two parties who have basically been rivals since day 1. Enemies before that. They just won't let go.

SF had their opportunity. I can't argue that.
    The greens have no business making demands and being in government. It benifits nobody

Just to clarify I am not a SF voter. I used to vote for FG until I had enough of Enda Kenny. These days I just pick whoever is the best looking lady on the ballot.
    Iv lost all interest.

Your lazy comment about maths shows your attitude to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Boring

43% is both parties joined up. Two parties who have basically been rivals since day 1. Enemies before that. They just won't let go.

The greens have no business making demands and being in government. It benifits nobody

Just to clarify I am not a SF voter. I used to vote for FG until I had enough of Enda Kenny. These days I just pick whoever is the best looking lady on the ballot.
    Iv lost all interest.

Your lazy comment about maths shows your attitude to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Boring

You said the party that won the election. FF won the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Really.......that's very interesting.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

FF percentage of vote 22.2%
    Popular vote 484,320

SF percentage of vote 24.5%
    Popular vote 535,595

FF percentage of vote 20.9%
    Popular vote 455,584

Gp percentage of vote 7.1%
    Popular vote 155,700

Use your maths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

7%!

I know the Shinners are new to democracy and are ****e at figures but 51% make a majority.
    Maybe they should be asking why no one wants them. Watching the poor victim of the Abercorn bombing on T.V. last night who lost both legs in what the fishwife would call " a legitimate attack on an economic target" would give the Shinners a good idea why they are despised. Incidentally the Abercorn was owned by a Catholic

FF percentage of vote 22.2%
    Popular vote 484,320

SF percentage of vote 24.5%
    Popular vote 535,595

FF percentage of vote 20.9%
    Popular vote 455,584

Gp percentage of vote 7.1%
    Popular vote 155,700

Use your maths

Seats count, that’s how every other election has been decided.

Talk to Hilary about percentages.

It’s also worth nothing that in the last two elections, local and general Greens are one of the few on the up. The local elections less than 12 months ago Sinn Fein got a hammering and Mary Lou nearly got the boot.

Good on them for going into power and trying to help the country get out of this crisis. I certainly hope it’s a massive success

Seats count, that’s how every other election has been decided.

Talk to Hilary about percentages.

FF seats 37 won +1 for cc.
    SF seats 37 won
    FF seats 35 won

FF won nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

SF seats 37 won
    FF seats 35 won

FF won nothing
    Except power in the next Government

SF seats 37 won
    FF seats 35 won

FF won nothing

38 seats are 38 seats.

By the looks of it Martin will be the Taoiseach, looks like they won to me?

To be fair to the Green as well, they look to be winners as well.

They will be in government, they have the chance to implement the policies they put forward to get those votes in the election

To be fair to the Green as well, they look to be winners as well.

They will be in government, they have the chance to implement the policies they put forward to get those votes in the election

The 7% annual reduction is being priced by some at 40 billion.
    Coming off the back of a post covid deficit of 30 billion.

Nothing will change

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Nothing will change

Countless houses will be underwater if we don’t act now.

Nothing will change

Who is “some”?

• Advertisement

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Countless houses will be underwater if we don’t act now.

What do you suggest

What do you suggest

Ultimately they would like to reduce our quality of life from us. They would take our freedoms away. If they had their way our cars would be taken off us, they would ban planes so we couldn’t go away. Steaks would be banned and we’d be forced to eat Eamons home grown cabbage and salad . People would struggle to heat their homes especially rurally.

I would rather face and adapt physicaly to climate change than go back to a stone age life.

I do love the alarmism bolloxogy. Scientist in the 80’s claimed certain countries and areas ( can’t remember which ones) were all supposed to be under water by 2000, it never happened.....

Money well spent

Even though it would impact every aspect of peoples' lives.?

It’s not just the cost of 40billion.

Money well spent

Money that isn't there. Not a snowballs chance.
    Rerun election is the most likely outcome.

Eamon Ryan isn't even tolerated by his own party. FF and fg heads are laughing at him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Iv lost all interest.

This is patently false. Just because you have no interest in sustainability does not mean it would not be of benefit.

Money that isn't there. Not a snowballs chance.
    Rerun election is the most likely outcome.

Eamon Ryan isn't even tolerated by his own party. FF and fg heads are laughing at him

Coveney has said himself if the 7% reduction would impact rural Ireland and farming etc not a chance it will happen.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Even though it would impact every aspect of peoples' lives.?

It’s not just the cost of 40billion.

It's not going to happen. They are calling the 30 billion Covid19 deficit a financial disaster. Pascal Donahue is far too shrewd to even dream about purposefully adding an even greater figure to that.

Once private business can find a way to make money by moving away from oil and researching and selling green powered tech then and only then will we all become green by default.
    Taxing an already heavily indebted populous to please a 7% of the vote outlying party is pie in the sky.

You know it, I know it and anyone who has the power over the budget and financial direction of the country knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Coveney has said himself if the 7% reduction would impact rural Ireland and farming etc not a chance it will happen.

All the Greens are saying is that there needs to be a 7% reduction. Why should it be up to them to outline how to achieve it?

It was Simon Coveney's party who was in government when Ireland signed up to this target.

FG (and others) need to outline how they will achieve the targets which they have agreed we must achieve.

Advertisement