Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

All the Greens are saying is that there needs to be a 7% reduction..

From what i heard is that the 7% was a demand and a condition that the Greens would enter government.

Fg/ff have said they would listen to their proposals of the 7 % but if it put hardship on people it won’t happen and rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

All the Greens are saying is that there needs to be a 7% reduction. Why should it be up to them to outline how to achieve it?

Because they are demanding it as part of them joining government.
    They should have a publicly available manifesto laying out how exactly this 7% can be achieved.

7% at a cost of 40 billion to the country. 40 billion at a time of financial crisis due to a global pandemic.

Can you see how ridiculous this is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Micky 32 wrote: »
    From what i heard is that the 7% was a demand and a condition that the Greens would enter government.

Fg/ff have said they would listen to their proposals of the 7 % but if it put hardship on people it won’t happen and rightly so.

7% is a demand, because that is what is required to achieve the targets by 2030 which FG signed us up to.

The whole reason for this target is because of the hardship which will be permanently put on people if it is not achieved.
    Blueshoe wrote: »
    Because they are demanding it as part of them joining government.
    They should have a publicly available manifesto laying out how exactly this 7% can be achieved.

7% at a cost of 40 billion to the country. 40 billion at a time of financial crisis due to a global pandemic.

Can you see how ridiculous this is

And don't give me this line about the global pandemic making things ridiculous, the same voices were saying the same thing against climate change long before the pandemic was a real world event.

The pandemic experience should enforce the need for positive action in relation to the climate.
    Listen to the science, proactive steps are better than reactive, warnings had been published as to the lack of readiness to deal with such an event.

See the similarities?

7% is a demand, because that is what is required to achieve the targets by 2030 which FG signed us up to.

The whole reason for this target is because of the hardship which will be permanently put on people if it is not achieved.

The greens are in no position to demand anything. They got 7.1% of the vote. They don't have a mandate. They are an outlier who benifited from Sf.

92.9% of the voters didn't vote for them.

Don't give you what about the pandemic?

It's not happening. I think you know this too. 40 billion. Not a hope.
    Eamon may stick to growing the lettuce

We can argue about it all day. Waste of time.
    Let's just sit back and watch.

Listen to the science,

You keep banging on about this, . Here’s a suggestion. Read up on the science of natural climate change but it’s one way with you, you’ll only listen to what you want to hear. The climate is changing anyway. Look back on the history of the earth. Did you know the sun increased it’s output over the last hundred years? That could have significant impact longterm. Also as the sun ages it’s going to get hotter and hotter

They are now saying the suns output has decreased and there was a fear it could spark a mini ice age at one stage.

Your so called scientists in the 80’s said most of earth would be under water by 2000 but it never happened.

• Advertisement

The greens are in no position to demand anything. They got 7.1% of the vote. They don't have a mandate. They are an outlier who benifited from Sf.

So, you are ok with political parties signing agreements which they do not follow?

That's ok, if you think that is acceptable from elected representatives and it is a good strategy for society, then that's your choice.

But, most people think more about who represents them than who makes them feel horny.

I don't know why you engage in political discussions across so many threads so much when your judgement on who should represent us is based on your sense of attraction to them. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out if this is part of the reason why you defend Trump so much.

So, you are ok with political parties signing agreements which they do not follow?

That's ok, if you think that is acceptable from elected representatives and it is a good strategy for society, then that's your choice.

But, most people think more about who represents them than who makes them feel horny.

I don't know why you engage in political discussions across so many threads so much when your judgement on who should represent us is based on your sense of attraction to them. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out if this is part of the reason why you defend Trump so much.

Going through other people's posting history and trying to use it against them because they won't agree with pie in the sky green party demands is .......

You can guess the rest

You keep banging on about this, . Here’s a suggestion. Read up on the science of natural climate change but it’s one way with you, you’ll only listen to what you want to hear. The climate is changing anyway. Look back on the history of the earth. Did you know the sun increased it’s output over the last hundred years? That could have significant impact longterm. Also as the sun ages it’s going to get hotter and hotter

They are now saying the suns output has decreased and there was a fear it could spark a mini ice age at one stage.

Why don't you post links to the science you think we should follow and I'll post links to mine.

This BS of random statements without supporting evidence is like a Trump administration press conference at the moment. It is so devoid of reality, it's more science fiction that reality.

Going through other people's posting history and trying to use it against them because they won't agree with pie in the sky green party demands is .......

You can guess the rest

You realise I post on a lot of the same threads don't you. Your name stands out because of the consistent quality of your arguments.

Am I supposed to exclude or forget your comments on one thread and assume they are not to be considered in relation to the comments you make on another?

When they have been made literally minutes apart?

Why don't you post links to the science you think we should follow and I'll post links to mine.

This BS of random statements without supporting evidence is like a Trump administration press conference at the moment. It is so devoid of reality, it's more science fiction that reality.

Oh give over will you, the science is all over the internet find it yourself. Theres as much about that as there is about your science. I have no interest in replying further to your condescending posts , good day.

• Advertisement

Oh give over will you, the science is all over the internet find it yourself. Theres as much about that as there is about your science. I have no interest in replying further to your condescending posts , good day.

:D:D:D

And no links. There's a surprise.

I hope indeed it is a good day for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Money that isn't there. Not a snowballs chance.
    Rerun election is the most likely outcome.

Eamon Ryan isn't even tolerated by his own party. FF and fg heads are laughing at him

Money is not there and then you say to rerun an election which will probably cost 100m due to virus, would it not be better to spend that 100m in something useful?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Money is not there and then you say to rerun an election which will probably cost 100m due to virus, would it not be better to spend that 100m in something useful?

Nothing is more important than democracy. Greens would be wiped out in a re run.

That 100 million could be put towards the green demands but it would still need another 39.9 billion.

Re run of the election is imminent

In the next weeks the Greens will probably have more power in Ireland than Sinn Fein ever had.

You might go on about Sinn Fein mandate but in reality they screwed those who voted for them because they didn’t step up. They hide away. They still have zero other parties with them

Let not forget, the Green went to Sinn Fein 3 months ago about forming a government and got nowhere

So if I voted for Sinn Fein I would be asking serious questions

Nothing is more important than democracy. Greens would be wiped out in a re run.

That 100 million could be put towards the green demands but it would still need another 39.9 billion.

We had election in Feb, votes all done. Democracy happened and FF won.

In the next weeks the Greens will probably have more power in Ireland than Sinn Fein ever had.

You might go on about Sinn Fein mandate but in reality they screwed those who voted for them because they didn’t step up. They hide away. They still have zero other parties with them

Let not forget, the Green went to Sinn Fein 3 months ago about forming a government and got nowhere

So if I voted for Sinn Fein I would be asking serious questions

I usually vote fg. Up until recently anyway. SF or any other left wing mob getting into power would be a disaster for the country. I'm more interested in keeping the greens away from government.
    I think there will be another election

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We had election in Feb, votes all done. Democracy happened and FF won.

SF percentage of vote 24.5%
    Vote 535,595

FF percentage of vote 22.2%
    Vote 484,320

FG percentage of vote 20.9%
    Vote 455,584

GREENS percentage of vote 7.1%
    Vote 155,700

Vote 535,595

Vote 484,320

Vote 455,584

Vote 155,700

Seats in Irish Parliament after 2020 election

FF 38
    FG 35
    SF 37

I usually vote fg. Up until recently anyway. SF or any other left wing mob getting into power would be a disaster for the country. I'm more interested in keeping the greens away from government.
    I think there will be another election

All the parties signed up to CO2 reduction, the Greens are just asking to implement it instead of getting fines

Ok no fan of greens but should the government not be implementing anyway? What’s the point in paying fines? It’s dead money

Vote 535,595

Vote 484,320

Vote 455,584

Vote 155,700

We already had this discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Why is it when something doesn't go some peoples way they shout it's not democratic.

We've had democracy and we're now seeing the outcome of it. Re running elections until we get your desired outcome isn't democracy!

Seats in Irish Parliament after 2020 election

FF 38
    FG 35
    SF 37

Not as a result of the election.

1 seat was already decided.

Spin it anyway you like.

Triangle wrote: »
    Why is it when something doesn't go some peoples way they shout it's not democratic.

We've had democracy and we're now seeing the outcome of it. Re running elections until we get your desired outcome isn't democracy!

Re-run election and Sinn Fein don’t do any better and then it will be the same, they will want another election, best out of 3, then best out of 5 till we get the result they want

We already had this discussion

Yes we did and you are lying about who won the election. If anybody 'won' the election it certainly wasn't FF. They won the most seats by virtue of having one seat before anyone even voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

National government, only job, no hurlers on the ditch that way.

Also asking voters to go again is insulting, we've spoken, get on with it.

Not at any cost though.
    That is as wrong as too many elections. If you have to buy a partner in government or sledgehammer policies together, or dominate/con a smaller party, none of that is healthy democracy.

Triangle wrote: »

No clear result. Nobody can get a government together. The election was in January. It's closer to June now with no progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Not at any cost though.
    That is as wrong as too many elections. If you have to buy a partner in government or sledgehammer policies together, or dominate/con a smaller party, none of that is healthy democracy.

No it's not, we voted, turning around and telling us 'you got it wrong' is b0ll0x, again just get on with the job, the rest of us have to....except for SF voters of course ;-)

As for policies, wouldn't mind that rubbish, politicians abandon their 'policies' like rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Sinn Fein came up with this rubbish. Look at the mess they made of power sharing in the North. Should be no hurlers in the ditch in North but just look at what goes on?

I agree, people have spoken and hopefully FF/FG/Green form government

• Advertisement

No clear result. Nobody can get a government together. The election was in January. It's closer to June now with no progress.

February

Advertisement