Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

FF have fallen to 14% in the polls. They are being told already what the electorate think of them.

Martin is so hellbent on the Taoiseach target he can't see he is wrecking the party. One of the two FG or FF will disappear soon, the trends in their vote share shows that. 84% down to 44% now.

TBH if anything FG will survive purely on the backs of perceived good management of the pandemic, Martin then takes over in a post-pandemic world and has to deliver a budget that both parties will insist will have to hurt working people again. The entire framework for their partnership is to avoid the perception of austerity, not to avoid austerity and with Brexit being yet again a threat to stability and them constantly harping on about the deficit the first budget Martin will deliver won't be rosy. I'm afraid of where the Greens would come out of a dynamic like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

FF have fallen to 14% in the polls. They are being told already what the electorate think of them.

Martin is so hellbent on the Taoiseach target he can't see he is wrecking the party. One of the two FG or FF will disappear soon, the trends in their vote share shows that. 84% down to 44% now.

The only poll that counts is the one in Feb.

The narrative about Martin been so hell bent on Taoiseach he is wrecking party doesn’t really stand up when the party has to vote on decisions.

It’s more fake news from rival parties.....

One good term in office for FF and let see what seats they have in next election. If they have a bad run then it will be hard

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    The only poll that counts is the one in Feb.

The narrative about Martin been so hell bent on Taoiseach he is wrecking party doesn’t really stand up when the party has to vote on decisions.

It’s more fake news from rival parties.....

One good term in office for FF and let see what seats they have in next election. If they have a bad run then it will be hard

Which would be a really good effort at defending the party if the criticisms and warnings about the next election weren't coming from within FF itself. Research is letting you down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Scotland are doing some good work environmentally these days

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18470838.bonds-issued-help-unlock-1bn-protect-rare-species/

wouldn't it be great if we could do something like this?
    A no brainer would be to take grazing sheep from lots of our uplands and let nature take its course. Sheep love tree sprouts they're very nutritious, and it's why we have no trees on our uplands. I know in the UK lamb accounts for 1.2% of calories consumed but they graze on 51% of the land over 200m. This is a subsidised industry too that doesn't make any money. There are plenty of no brainers to help biodiversity we just need to do it.

Which would be a really good effort at defending the party if the criticisms and warnings about the next election weren't coming from within FF itself. Research is letting you down again.

Francie nobody has your insight into every party in Ireland. Also into the unionist community and who knows what else....

The rest of us will just sit back and wait and see what happens over the next two weeks....

• Advertisement

Francie nobody has your insight into every party in Ireland. Also into the unionist community and who knows what else....

The rest of us will just sit back and wait and see what happens over the next two weeks....

You just need to read the newspapers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You're taking this cocooning/living in your own bubble to a new level altogether if you think Mehall won the election, but hey ho once you and Mehall are happy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

You're taking this cocooning/living in your own bubble to a new level altogether if you think Mehall won the election, but hey ho once you and Mehall are happy.

Who you vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I remember when people were talking about FG being disbanded after the 2002 GE such was their collapse as FF formed a government with 50 more seats than FG.

If you think a party currently on 38 seats and one who is on 35 are likely to disappear soon then you don't understand the history of Irish politics.

SF would be much more at risk in my view. Inexperienced at governing in a meaningful way and with plenty members more than capable of generating unpleasant headlines.

Who you vote for?

That's the second time today you asked me that, why are you so nosy?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

I remember when people were talking about FG being disbanded after the 2002 GE such was their collapse as FF formed a government with 50 more seats than FG.

If you think a party currently on 38 seats and one who is on 35 are likely to disappear soon then you don't understand the history of Irish politics.

SF would be much more at risk in my view. Inexperienced at governing in a meaningful way and with plenty members more than capable of generating unpleasant headlines.

As Trump would say, they are just nasty comments, why would you say such a nasty comment

Sinn Fein are yesterday’s chip paper at this stage! Irrelevant

Their vote share is telling us exactly what is happening. They are now at the natural end of two party's who have practically been the same party for quite some time.
    First it was C&S, now a coalition, next logical step is a merger of some sort.

That's the second time today you asked me that, why are you so nosy?

I asked earlier and you never responded, thought maybe you hadn’t seen, that’s all

As Trump would say, they are just nasty comments, why would you say such a nasty comment

Sinn Fein are yesterday’s chip paper at this stage! Irrelevant

Are you aware that your hero Mehall was haunted to scrape in on the sixth count and doesn't even have the backing of his own party membership while he is still vainly trying to grasp at slippery straws to become Leader of our Government?

Their vote share is telling us exactly what is happening. They are now at the natural end of two party's who have practically been the same party for quite some time.
    First it was C&S, now a coalition, next logical step is a merger of some sort.

Says the Sinn Fein supporter, who is desperately spinning this story for weeks on end with nothing to back it up

Fake news

Sinn Fein are yesterday’s chip paper at this stage! Irrelevant[/QUOTE]

Are you aware that your hero Mehall was haunted to scrape in on the sixth count and doesn't even have the backing of his own party membership while he is still vainly trying to grasp at slippery straws to become Leader of our Government?

Martin is not my hero by the way

It doesn’t matter if he was in the 1st or 61st, he is still in and will probably to Taoiseach

If he doesn’t have the backing then the government won’t be formed, so why you all so worried?

Ask Hilary all about votes, she can tell you a thing or two

Says the Sinn Fein supporter, who is desperately spinning this story for weeks on end with nothing to back it up

Fake news

Nothing fake about their declining vote share. 84% to 44%.

Martin is not my hero by the way

It doesn’t matter if he was in the 1st or 61st, he is still in and will probably to Taoiseach

If he doesn’t have the backing then the government won’t be formed, so why you all so worried?

Ask Hilary all about votes, she can tell you a thing or two

I'm worried because he is not capable.

He barely scraped in on the sixth count in the last general election even with the massive financial support his position as party leader afforded him and the backing of his lemmings like yourself.

He's a busted flush, no matter how many times Tubbs brings him on air to lick his ring in public like the lap dog he is.

I'm worried because he is not capable.

He barely scraped in on the sixth count in the last general election even with the massive financial support his position as party leader afforded him and the backing of his lemmings like yourself.

He's a busted flush, no matter how many times Tubbs brings him on air to lick his ring in public like the lap dog he is.

Not sure why you need to post with such vulgarity. Do you think it adds to your point?

Nothing fake about their declining vote share. 84% to 44%.

and? who will end up Taoiseach?

• Advertisement

Not sure why you need to post with such vulgarity. Do you think it adds to your point?

Do you think lying makes your point valid?

Do you think lying makes your point valid?

What did I lie about?

We had election in Feb, votes all done. Democracy happened and FF won.

This is where you lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

Greens are living in cloud cuckoo land, they lack the ability to see the world for how it really is, they should be kept as far away from power as possible, a country run by the Greens would be like Pol Pots Cambodia, just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Scotland are doing some good work environmentally these days

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18470838.bonds-issued-help-unlock-1bn-protect-rare-species/

wouldn't it be great if we could do something like this?
    A no brainer would be to take grazing sheep from lots of our uplands and let nature take its course. Sheep love tree sprouts they're very nutritious, and it's why we have no trees on our uplands. I know in the UK lamb accounts for 1.2% of calories consumed but they graze on 51% of the land over 200m. This is a subsidised industry too that doesn't make any money. There are plenty of no brainers to help biodiversity we just need to do it.

The hills need sheep for vegitation management. they were over stocked 20 years ago, not so now. Without sheep, bracken would take over. Trees don't grow on mountainy land sheep or no sheep.

The reference in the post above equating the Greens to Pol Pot is offensive. You do realise that regime was responsible for a genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Water John wrote: »
    The hills need sheep for vegitation management. they were over stocked 20 years ago, not so now. Without sheep, bracken would take over. Trees don't grow on mountainy land sheep or no sheep.

The reference in the post above equating the Greens to Pol Pot is offensive. You do realise that regime was responsible for a genocide.

It just shows how some are so out of touch of reality.

I presume Micky you're referring to the second issue in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

Wait until the Greens get power in a country and see the effects of their hair brained policies, it will be disastrous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I presume Micky you're referring to the second issue in my post.

Sorry, it wasn’t your post i was referring to. It was the post you were replying to.

• Advertisement

I have a strong belief in science and facts. So it doesn't matter which side uses an argument that isn't fact and research based, I will correct it to the best of my knowledge.
    I believe we need to alter our environmental degredation of the planet, but the actions must be based on facts.

Advertisement