Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

thebaz wrote: »
    the witch hunt on Eamon Ryan today. Do people think Eamon Ryan is racist for highlighting a case of racism in the Dail ??
    You have to remember, we're in the midst of a mass moral panic, brought on by no small measure by covid lockdown fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say he is a gonner now, the salads affair was bad enough but this just takes the biscuit. No TD or councillor could have confidence in him at this stage, he is a one man gaffe machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

McMurphy wrote: »

Never thought he was a racist.

Thick as two short blanks? Yes.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jmayo wrote: »
    Never thought he was a racist.

Thick as two short blanks? Yes.

Thick as two short planks I guess?

Did you bother to read about it?

He was reading from an article and instead
    Of saying blank he said the word. Hardly a racist?

Was he not hilghliighting a racist issue highlighted in the IT ??

I grew up with friends of all colour , treted them all equally - defended them on the football field , to horrible real racist abuse of the 90s - Listened to 90's Hip Hop, loved it - but some of the extreme wokeness of today is just pure snowflake nonsense like the witch hunt on Eamon Ryan today. Do people think Eamon Ryan is racist for highlighting a case of racism in the Dail ??

Based on the comments here none of them actually read what happened....

Find it strange they comment on it without actually spending 30 seconds reading what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Was he not hilghliighting a racist issue highlighted in the IT ??

I grew up with friends of all colour , treted them all equally - defended them on the football field , to horrible real racist abuse of the 90s - Listened to 90's Hip Hop, loved it - but some of the extreme wokeness of today is just pure snowflake nonsense like the witch hunt on Eamon Ryan today. Do people think Eamon Ryan is racist for highlighting a case of racism in the Dail ??

Ryan is being witch hunted by his own party. We're all just munching on the popcorn.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Thick as two short planks I guess?

Did you bother to read about it?

He was reading from an article and instead
    Of saying blank he said the word. Hardly a racist?

Ehh he proved long ago how fooking thick he is.

And how much of a sniveling shyte as well.
    Or maybe you aren't old enough to remember his support of one Willie O'Dea in the Dail.

Maybe you don't recall his recent fookwit idea about reintroducing wolves into Ireland.

I don't think he is racist and this storm in a teacup really, but it couldn't happen to a more apt individual.

EDIT:
    And yes I did read how he was actually reading an article about a guy originally from Martinique.
    So stop that shyte that we don't know what happened and that it is us that are stupid.

Ehh he proved long ago how fooking thick he is.

And how much of a sniveling shyte as well.
    Or maybe you aren't old enough to remember his support of one Willie O'Dea in the Dail.

Maybe you don't recall his recent foowit idea about reintroducing wolves into Ireland.

I don't think he is racist and this storm in a teacup really, but it couldn't happen to a more apt individual.

Did you not read the wolves section either?

Calling someone "fooking thick" and you haven't even bothered to read what they said.

Ryan is being witch hunted by his own party. We're all just munching on the popcorn.

That really is a such a silly statement. Not sure why a few people continually use it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Based on the comments here none of them actually read what happened....

Find it strange they comment on it without actually spending 30 seconds reading what happened

Wrong.

I did read what happened, in fact some of his own party members criticised him for it so maybe you should do some reading yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Eamo or Cathy, Its fairly obvious even now that if the greens go into coalition they’ll get wiped out next time round. It’s the Irish electorates way of putting manners on them.

Calling someone "fooking thick" and you haven't even bothered to read what they said.

Yeah pick on that one, but why can't we discuss his slimey support for a lying under oath politician ?

Anything to say about that ?

Oh and from the Irish Times.
    Did he sue them for being incorrect.

Oh and here you are although being a greenie you probably have it plastered on your bedroom wall, with spittle I bet lest you use any chemicals.
    Green Party leader Eamon Ryan has called for wolves to be reintroduced in Ireland almost 250 years after the species became extinct in Ireland.

Mr Ryan said he believed that wolves should have a place in Ireland’s environment and would contribute positively to the ecosystem and the State’s national habitat.

The motion tabled by Mr Ryan and Catherine Martin has referred to the success of rewilding initiatives in other countries.

It has pointed to wilderness area in the Nephin range, as well as Coillte’s recent recognition of the amenity value of forestry in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains as providing potential for such a project.

Asked did he support the reintroduction of wolves, Mr Ryan said: “I think yes. Bring back a sense of wildness. Bring back a balance of ecology in the the sense that those wolves would prey on deer that are holding back forestry at the present time.

“Look at other countries that have ecosystems and are more resilient and more attractive,” He said.

And only a moron would suggest such an idea and using Yellowstone National Park as an example is completely wrong.
    Yellowstone is the size of half of Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That really is a such a silly statement. Not sure why a few people continually use it

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The irony of this post is staggering.

You really are the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to your total lack of self awareness as to what you have contributed as a poster on here.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The irony of this post is staggering.

You really are the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to your total lack of self awareness as to what you have contributed as a poster on here.

Thanks, maybe stick to the topic

Yeah pick on that one, but why can't we discuss his slimey support for a lying under oath politician ?

Anything to say about that ?

Oh and from the Irish Times.
    Did he sue them for being incorrect.

Oh and here you are although being a greenie you probably have it plastered on your bedroom wall, with spittle I bet lest you use any chemicals.

And only a moron would suggest such an idea and using Yellowstone National Park as an example is completely wrong.
    Yellowstone is the size of half of Leinster.

I’m not a “greenie”, just can see the benefits of the Green Party

Also have ability to read past the headline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Eamo or Cathy, Its fairly obvious even now that if the greens go into coalition they’ll get wiped out next time round. It’s the Irish electorates way of putting manners on them.

But sure the Irish electorate keep voting for them - maybe not on the FF/FG level, but they seem to have some deathwish diehard extremist support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Eamonn Ryan is truly feck'd now.

He must have known using the N word even as a quote was going to provoke a back lash. And yet he wants the country to believe that the Greens under his leadership are ready for government.
    He must have known the knifes have been drawn behind his back for the past week, just waiting for that single oportunity to finish him off and yet he makes a stupid mistake like that, something he could have totally avoided.

He has handed Catherine Martin the leadership election on a plate, and probably destroyed any chance there might have been for the FF/FG coalition. I bet every FG TD in the country is cursing him non stop tonight.

Micheal Martin should be aware he is in the same situation. The first big slip and he is gone too now, especially if there is now agreement reached within the next 4 or 5 days.

I cant see Catherine Martin recommending Green party member to vote for any coalition agreement now, even if FG/FF cave in on the last few issues that have been the stumbling blocks from the start.

Whether its Eamon Ryan at the helm or Catherine Martin, I cant see them getting the same number of votes in another election.
    They have squandered their best hope of getting serious green policies implemented by a government. If they had gave way on the motorways, and the 7% carbon reduction in the agriculture sector they would have had more green policies implemented in one term of government that all the other governments they have been in combined. Whatever way you look at it both Eamonn Ryan and Catherine Martin have feck'd up in a truly massive way.

Their only hope now is to align themselves with SF in a second election, at least then they would have some hope of retrieving something if SF did manage to form a collation. If they go it alone they are going to get hammered in another election, their core vote will still be there but that will only be 6 or 7 seats in the Dail at most. I cant see FG or FF running to them again to be a coalition partner if there is a second election. If there is no second election and its a FF/FG/Ind government, then the greens will never be in as strong a position again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

He shouldnt have used the N word.

Very unprofessional even though his heart was in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

mikeym wrote: »
    He shouldnt have used the N word.

Very unprofessional even though his heart was in the right place.

JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I think it's ridiculous.
    The religious fanaticism that surrounds the N-word is just stupid tbh. It is like a Harry Potter book, the 'he could not be named' mantra surrounding Voldemort.
    Then though, just listen to any black rap artist, the word is bounded about like confetti. Real 'Life of Brian' stuff.

This though shows you the weakness of left-wing parties and politics. It's clear that the Greens are really divided on this among other issues.
    People hoping for a left-wing coalition of sorts without FF/FG will be sadly waiting a long long while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If the deal is done today, some posters here will be losing their knickers.
    Not that happy possibly about road allocation, other than that, lets see the detail.

Water John wrote: »
    If the deal is done today, some posters here will be losing their knickers.
    Not that happy possibly about road allocation, other than that, lets see the detail.

I can’t wait :-)

Gas exploration banned By the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

They are looking at adding €20 on a tank of diesel through increased carbon taxes! They can do one. People can't afford to buy new electric or hybrid cars so this is just another stealth tax. They will be wiped out in next election if more this sh1t makes into the program for government.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Great to see the greens dragging us out of our environmental Rock, decades behind europe. They should have a bottle and can deposit return scheme.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/draft-programme-for-government-document-reveals-green-plans-for-spend-on-bus-and-rail-39284582.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

recyclebin wrote: »
    They are looking at adding €20 on a tank of diesel through increased carbon taxes! They can do one. People can't afford to buy new electric or hybrid cars so this is just another stealth tax. They will be wiped out in next election if more this sh1t makes into the program for government.

I'm not even a diesel driver but that is ****ing disgraceful, especially with so many unemployed/ semi unemployed now.

Next election I'm either voting SF or spoiling my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

recyclebin wrote: »
    I'm not even a diesel driver but that is ****ing disgraceful, especially with so many unemployed/ semi unemployed now.

Next election I'm either voting SF or spoiling my vote.

In 2016, a FG led government signed Ireland up as signatories to the Paris Agreement. The commitment we made in doing so and the action of the FG led (FF supported) government since then means that we must now achieve a minimum of 7%/annum savings in the amount of CO2 we produce.

Everyone is ripping on the greens like this is some left field hair brained idea that they pulled from nowhere.

What actions do you guys think should be enacted to bring about meaningful change in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

In 2016, a FG led government signed Ireland up as signatories to the Paris Agreement. The commitment we made in doing so and the action of the FG led (FF supported) government since then means that we must now achieve a minimum of 7%/annum savings in the amount of CO2 we produce.

Everyone is ripping on the greens like this is some left field hair brained idea that they pulled from nowhere.

What actions do you guys think should be enacted to bring about meaningful change in Ireland?

I think everyone and every political party is agreed that we need to reduce our carbon emissions.

But how is reducing a persons disposable income through carbon taxes going to help them buy a new car?

Carbon taxes are a very poor way of persuading people to switch Most people dont need persuading, if they had the money they would be switching to electric cars already.

For the wealthy an increase in the cost of filling their tank is not going to get them to get rid of their high performance cars. For the poor who are reduced to running a 10+ yer old car because that's all they can afford all you are doing is increasing the time it will take for them to replace their car.

Explain to me how dramatically increasing the taxes on fuel is going to actually have an effect on those that simply do not care about the environment, or those who simply cannot afford to switch to an electric vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

efanton wrote: »
    I think everyone and every political party is agreed that we need to reduce our carbon emissions.

But how is reducing a persons disposable income through carbon taxes going to help them buy a new car?

Carbon taxes are a very poor way of persuading people to switch Most people dont need persuading, if they had the money they would be switching to electric cars already.

For the wealthy an increase in the cost of filling their tank is not going to get them to get rid of their high performance cars. For the poor who are reduced to running a 10+ yer old car because that's all they can afford all you are doing is increasing the time it will take for them to replace their car.

Explain to me how dramatically increasing the taxes on fuel is going to actually have an effect on those that simply do not care about the environment, or those who simply cannot afford to switch to an electric vehicle.
    • 50% of all journeys under 2Km in Ireland are taken using the car. Maybe an increased cost in fuel will force people to think about whether it is the best option to use.
    • If the population, generally, is up in arms about fuel cost, the government should react by improving the availability and experience of public transport.
    • It may force people to think more about whether the large, inefficient, engine is the best way to go or whether they might be better off with something smaller.

So, as you say, everyone is agreed on the fact that we need to reduce emissions, how do you think we should do it?
    And how are FF, FG advocating that we do it?

Advertisement