Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

combat14 wrote: »
    New Green Govt not a done deal yet:

50 Fianna Fáil councillors launch campaign to stop new government deal
    'After nine years of Fine Gael rule Ireland needs real change'

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/50-fianna-fail-councillors-launch-campaign-to-stop-new-government-deal-39287987.html

So effectively they're opposed to their own Party leader becoming Taoiseach for the next 2½ years!

Clever bunnies those FF Councillors!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Great, you can pay the tax for the rest of us, thanks

I'm already paying too much tax to keep the lives and fantasies of the underserving thanks.

So effectively they're opposed to their own Party leader becoming Taoiseach for the next 2½ years!

it is clever, anyone seen supporting Ryan and his anti rural fantasies is getting wiped out next time round, being a non Dublin FF councillor is a brilliant way to make a statement with almost no impact but get yourself on the ticket over the ff incumbent next time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Nobody wants to be trapped in a big steel tube in the sky with hundreds of other people in the current climate.

I wouldnt think it would be something done overnight. They haven't even started designing the new airplanes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Feisar wrote: »
    I thought we were trying to get away from pump politics, we swapped the water pump for the bicycle pump.

Ryan is just as rotten as the rest but the media love Eamon and only see the fluffy side of him.
    If he gets his 5 years that will do him in Irish politics then of to some handy number in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'm already paying too much tax to keep the lives and fantasies of the underserving thanks.

Ahh go on, pay some more!!! I want a new tv please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭combat14

50 rural FF councillors out of 279 - approx 18% of fianna fail councillors so far and 1 TD Eamon OCuiv be interesting how many more come out against the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I wouldnt think it would be something done overnight. They haven't even started designing the new airplanes yet.

Going on this information then yeah, it's safe to say it won't be done overnight.

Air travel and public transport are goosed unless a vaccination is found, I can't understand how people don't realise this but I'm sure it will eventually sink in.

History will not be kind to Eamonn, he's a twat of enormous proportions and he is about to grace the biggest stage of all time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

combat14 wrote: »
    50 rural FF councillors out of 279 - approx 18% of fianna fail councillors so far and 1 TD Eamon OCuiv be interesting how many more come out against the deal

F**k all of they have sense, these is a few councillors making a show to try and make sure they have a seat if it turns to sh*t. Most people should see straight through them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

it is clever, anyone seen supporting Ryan and his anti rural fantasies is getting wiped out next time round, being a non Dublin FF councillor is a brilliant way to make a statement with almost no impact but get yourself on the ticket over the ff incumbent next time round.

So the arrangement fails, MM is then replaced as leader of FF, the new FF leader immediately invites Big Mac in for a chat and all the time FG remain in charge.

Fascinating prognostication! :eek:

F**k all of they have sense, these is a few councillors making a show to try and make sure they have a seat if when it turns to sh*t. Most people should see straight through them

FYP

FF HQ has a history of ignoring its members and councillors in voting , most people know that, the rural councillors opposing this will survive the inevitable repeat of the 2011 kicking FF got. Thankfully it will weed out all the pseudo left and twitter like bridgaders and hopefully next general we can actually have a FF that represents people outside Dublin.

Going on this information then yeah, it's safe to say it won't be done overnight.

Air travel and public transport are goosed unless a vaccination is found, I can't understand how people don't realise this but I'm sure it will eventually sink in.

History will not be kind to Eamonn, he's a twat of enormous proportions and he is about to grace the biggest stage of all time.

Buses are moving and planes are flying. Just not in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Presumably the implied alternative is a deal with SF that would also involve a rotating taoiseachship?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Buses are moving and planes are flying. Just not in Ireland

Sound.

https://www.eurocontrol.int/covid19

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Lundstram wrote: »
    You're living in dreamland. Utter tripe.

GDPR came in recently and you want to put GPS in people's cars? Hilarious stuff.

Road-pricing is more suited for trucks, and vehicles on motorways.

So it won't really affect people going 1km for milk.

https://www.transportenvironment.org/what-we-do/sustainable-finance/road-pricing

https://www.transportenvironment.org/sites/te/files/publications/2017_05_LDV_charging_paper.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So what then, tell the environment to hold off in disintegrating for a couple of decades?

If you were in a position to enact positive change tomorrow, what would you do?

Allow the building of nuclear power stations in Ireland.

Or just hook up to the ones in France

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Absolutely.
    Our stupid backward country won't adopt this but we're burning turf!

Anyone know the greens policy on data centres?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭frw5

Or just hook up to the ones in France

There is plenty of wind here too, very safe unless you consult Trump.

Probably knock them down and plant flowers

ELM327 wrote: »

let the wolves run them.

The amount of water and electricity they use is similar to a small town

The amount of water and electricity they use is similar to a small town
    Oh, I'm so sorry mr gardener man with your self sustainable window box.
    Did commerce get in the way of your flowery ideals?

Eamonn is that you?

Oh, I'm so sorry mr gardener man with your self sustainable window box.
    Did commerce get in the way of your flowery ideals?

Eamonn is that you?

Il race you on my bicycle. First one around the windmill and back wins

Il race you on my bicycle. First one around the windmill and back wins
    Some of us have real work to do eamon, back to the vw big diesel (pre euro 5) polluting van!

Most DC's should be moving towards 100% renewable energy, if facebook can do it then so should everyone else.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Watch this. probably the best video done on the economics of a Nuclear Power.
    Also done by an Irish man. It really is a video that everyone should watch, informative, unbiased, and actually gets to the nub of the benefits and costs of Nuclear power.

A typical Nuclear plant will take 6 years to construct and will not break even in cost until it has been operational for 15+ years.

Basically Nuclear is massively more efficient and more productive than any other form of electric generation but the 'Levelised Cost of Electricity' is more than twice the cost of wind, solar, or gas.
    The levelised cost is a simple calculation, very simply it is the amount of electricity generated over the lifetime of the plant divided but the total cost of constructing and running the plant.
    In other words you can build more solar or wind production for the same investment and still generate the same amount of electricity, and you do not have the fear or worry of something going horrendously wrong, or the problem of getting rid of the used nuclear fuel, if you do those calcluation over the its lifetime.

Whatever way you look at it until a radically new design of nuclear plant becomes available they simply can no longer compete with wind or solar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC_BCz0pzMw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

After their "sure you don't need the car even if you're living in the country," and wanting to re-introduce wolves to the country-side among other... interesting policies, I think FG and FF should be very careful here. The rural consistencies will hold them to account for giving the Greens power.

Advertisement