Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party wish list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Freicorps

Up all night on the bag again Jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

76% of them voting for the Program for Government. No wonder, it's essentially a Green manifesto.

It's quite incredible that this country has agreed to something in the region of €50 billion to be spent on the Green agenda (conservative estimates of the cost) in the middle of a huge recession. Let's remember there was no referendum on this and the Greens got 8% of the vote.

Let's also remember that this is one of the cleanest countries on the planet, with no polluting industries like steel, chemicals, auto-manufacturing etc. The only reason agriculture is our largest emitter is because we don't have any of those other industries which actually do pollute!

What a farce. The concept of a relative reduction in C02 emissions is utterly brain-dead for countries which are already clean.

What they're not telling you is that all this cost for the Green agenda will ultimately lower the standard of living, substantially. That means less disposable income due to Green taxes and having to pay the billions in cost. And all because a bunch of young girls think little Ireland can save the Planet. 92% did not vote for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Loads, we are still recovering from the diesel cars and wood burning stoves they flooded the country with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The Green Party have dreamed big and now it seems all their dreams and wishes are about to come true.

In my own humble opinion I think this is the beginning of the end for them.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0625/1149711-programme-for-government/

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

They always impose taxes and charges on everything, the worst shower to have in there, essentially a fad party that never went away, the environment is destroyed by huge multinationals with the backing of governments polluting on an industrial scale and destroying large areas of the world, eg Niger delta. Putting waste in the green bin is OK, but irrelevant in terms of changing the world, just more expense, and the greens will love power, which they had no mandate to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

The Green Party have dreamed big and now it seems all their dreams and wishes are about to come true.

In my own humble opinion I think this is the beginning of the end for them.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0625/1149711-programme-for-government/

Wait until they realise that for all the talk of concessions the only one they got that was guaranteed for this term of government was raising carbon taxes.

the 7% deal was a lie. What they agreed too was an average 7% per year for the next 10 years, but no absolute commitment for the first 5 years. In other word this government can kick that can good and hard down the road claiming that due to covid debt there is no additional money for green projects.
    He has also agreed to existing road infrastructure projects such as the M20.

It appears that Eamonn Ryan has stupidly agreed to be minister for the environment and transport. He will end up just like Eoghan Murphy, a minister with grand plans but given no money to carry them out.
    It seems he really does want to commit political suicide by drinking from a poisoned chalice that will destroy his party and his own political career.
    I bet the FF and FG lads are having a right laugh now behind his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

If you live in Dublin are one of their key target voters and as a reward of you'll have your pick of metros, Luases, buses, bike lanes etc etc etc.

If you live outside the M50 shame on you, you evil planet killing monster. You will be taxed into having no choice but to move to Dublin and use the Luas.

Here lies the Rural Irish Economy.
    5000bc 2020ad
    Murdered in cold blood by the Green Party for a few hundred extra Twitter likes.
    RIP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Loads, we are still recovering from the diesel cars and wood burning stoves they flooded the country with.

And the cheap bedsit accommodation they banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

efanton wrote: »
    Wait until they realise that for all the talk of concessions the only one they got that was guaranteed for this term of government was raising carbon taxes.

the 7% deal was a lie. What they agreed too was an average 7% per year for the next 10 years, but no absolute commitment for the first 5 years. In other word this government can kick that can good and hard down the road claiming that due to covid debt there is no additional money for green projects.

It appears that Eamonn Ryan has stupidly agreed to be minister for the environment and transport. He will end up just like Eoghan Murphy, a minister with grand plans but given no money to carry them out.
    It seems he really does want to commit political suicide by drinking from a poisoned chalice that will destroy his party and his own political career.

Time to raise taxes on all fossil fuels be it petrol diesel etc great time for it now as prices are low. This will raise funds for other programmes. Unlike some the Green party is not about electoral success but making a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

saabsaab wrote: »
    Time to raise taxes on all fossil fuels be it petrol diesel etc great time for it now as prices are low. This will raise funds for other programmes. Unlike some the Green party is not about electoral success but making a difference.

Fantastic move Einstein.

Increase the running costs of public transport and as a consequence the fares on public transport, alienate people who have no choice but to use a car because there is no public transport in their area that will get them to work, and then expect to fund programs with no money.

I wonder which genius in the Green party worked that one out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

What a crock of sh1t post.

Fantastic move Einstein.

Increase the running costs of public transport and as a consequence the fares on public transport, alienate people who have no choice but to use a car because there is no public transport in their area that will get them to work, and then expect to fund programs with no money.

I wonder which genius in the Green party worked that one out?

Doesn't need that much working out. Working from home, conversion to other fuels and it's a win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Greens need to really go after the aviation industry now. They are on the run at the moment and need to be got at.

Green tax on carriers and airports

Green levies on all tickets so as to cut back all innessential air travel

unhappys10 wrote: »
    What a crock of sh1t post.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Greens need to really go after the aviation industry now. They are on the run at the moment and need to be got at.

Green tax on carriers and airports

Green levies on all tickets so as to cut back all innessential air travel

What you mean is the greens really need to go after the customers of the Aviation industry while letting the industry itself off.

What you mean is the greens really need to go after the customers of the Aviation industry while letting the industry itself off.

No

I want the industry targeted Until a C neutral solution is implemented. Then, fly away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I saw it coming.

The only thing is for the sake of the long term future of our country we should actually be thankful, because this term will see those dreamers off.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The taxes are always going to be passed back to the consumer.

I don't think aviation is on the PfG hit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Aren't they in the process already of letting hundreds of staff go?

• Advertisement

The way to change habits is to hit consumers in the pocket! May hurt but will get results!

No

I want the industry targeted Until a C neutral solution is implemented. Then, fly away
    Good job nobody that matters is listening to you.

Why?

Fuel is already taxed too much.
    Not everyone can afford an electric car.
    Even if you can buy an earlier electric car you'd be lucky to get 40 or 60 miles to a charge.
    What are people supposed to do who travel to work? Not everyone can work from home. In normal times I have a 180 mile round trip to Dublin for work, wouldn't live in Dublin if you paid me.
    Public transport in Ireland is a joke. A train for me would take even longer than driving and I wouldn't be home til all hours and I'd never see my daughter but sure increase the tax on fuels, I'll spend the day commuting and working and sleeping with no life just so people can think they are making a difference.

Not just me either, I see the same people on the road each day as the public transport infrastructure is a joke.
    How can a train take 2 hours to reach Dublin City centre from the Midlands, its beyond ridiculous.

Sort all of that out and then people would be happy to leave their cars behind.
    But to blindly increase taxes related to commuting by car without a viable alternative is plain stupid.

Good job nobody that matters is listening to you.

Sorry I have many contacts in the greens, labour and Fg/FF so basically yes plenty listening AND acting on our groups proposals

Sorry I have many contacts in the greens, labour and Fg/FF so basically yes plenty listening

Sure ya do...

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Sure ya do.

Go back through my posts over the years

For example see how much I am disliked in the aviation forum as they know my philosophy

Who knows

You might actually learn something !

Go back through my posts over the years

Who knows

You might actually learn something !

Pfft, all I'd learn is that shower are worse than I already think they are.

Sorry I have many contacts in the greens, labour and Fg/FF so basically yes plenty listening

You want carbon neutral air travel when there isn't carbon neutral buses, cars, hgvs, trains or boats. Even electric powered vehicles aren't carbon neutral and a Loon like you would want to send Ireland back in to dark ages with no affordable connectivity to our business partners.

The people that matter aren't listening to you, they are just humouring you, ya fool.

You want carbon neutral air travel when there isn't carbon neutral buses, cars, hgvs, trains or boats. Even electric powered vehicles aren't carbon neutral and a Loon like you would want to send Ireland back in to dark ages with no affordable connectivity to our business partners.

The people that matter aren't listening to you, they are just humouring you, ya fool.

Ssh you can't say that about electric cars, they are powered by fairy dust and the batteries are made of spring water and fresh air, no pollution to see here.

• Advertisement

I’m happy to take such “humouring” when it results in policies we approve of

Maybe you are “ya fool” when you think about it.

Advertisement