Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Motherboard for ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Options
  • 23-04-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I think the motherboard has failed on a self built computer I made years ago.

Powered it on after it was idle for several years, installed windows 10 on it and left it running for a few hours. It then appeared to have gone to sleep but would not respond to keyboard and mouse input. Restarted it and now all that happens is the CPU fan comes on. There are no beeps or output on the display. Have swapped out Graphics card and PSU.

The processor is a fairly decent AMD Phenom x6 1090T 3.2Ghz and I would like to use the same memory. If I get it working it will only be used for games.

Can anyone propose a replacement MB to replace ASUS Crosshair IV Formula?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think the motherboard has failed on a self built computer I made years ago.

Powered it on after it was idle for several years, installed windows 10 on it and left it running for a few hours. It then appeared to have gone to sleep but would not respond to keyboard and mouse input. Restarted it and now all that happens is the CPU fan comes on. There are no beeps or output on the display. Have swapped out Graphics card and PSU.

The processor is a fairly decent AMD Phenom x6 1090T 3.2Ghz and I would like to use the same memory. If I get it working it will only be used for games.

Can anyone propose a replacement MB to replace ASUS Crosshair IV Formula?

Thanks.

It's not really and you'd probably pay over the odds for an AM3 board now.
    You might as well get a new B450 board, DDR4 and something like a Ryzen 2600

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Your machine is around 10 years old (release time).
    No point wasting money on AM3 at this stage.
    You're better off either getting a cheap used Intel i5/i7 system with DDR3 or starting fresh on DDR4.

Advertisement