Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this please

Options
  • 23-04-2020 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

So this has been growing in the corner of my garden with a good few years. It has red 'flowers' on it for a short time each year. It has started to grow out and looks a bit wild now.
    Would it be ok to trim it back this time of year?
    Does anyone have any idea what it might be?
    Thanks in advance.
    flower.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It's a bottle brush - callistemon. They will regrow very well after being cut back. Normally I'd wait until the flowers are finished but you could cut it back anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Wow , thanks for that very quick reply and advice!
    I have 1 more picture that i might throw up that you could also help me with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

This tree has grown very fast and must be up around 20 feet now.
    Any idea what it is and how tall it can grow?
    If it grows to a great height i might cut it now before it gets too tall.tree.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It looks as though it could be an apple, further than that I have no real idea.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, I'd agree with apple, too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement