Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

eldamo wrote: »
    I like ken Marino in the other things iv seen him in. 99 and eastbound and down, so I would say I would like him in that.

But if there's one thing I am sure of in this world, it's that I love dick.

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    Dick, because who doesn't love John Lithgow (though his best character is in a non-comedy show imo)

Dexter?

I choose Dick too because I like Dick.

Newman!!!

giphy.gif

The actor is Wayne Knight and his 3rd Rock character was Officer Don, but his greatest roll was of course Newman on Seinfeld!

Working my way through Seinfeld atm. On season 3, I look forward to seeing him as I always thought he was a good comedy actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Seems like you lot can't get enough of Dick who is the first character to earn a place in Round 3, with a 7-0 washout as Party Down's Ron Donald takes a final bow

Match 2

Slightly tougher choice here as the King of Wonderful Speeches taking on the King of Women's Shoes in this next one...

Jeff Winger (Community)
    FlowxXUl.jpg

vs

Al Bundy (Married... With Children)
    uk6DBKvl.jpg

Remember to give a Reason for your vote. Any old reason at all will do.
    First to 7 votes wins or most votes after 45 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Working my way through Seinfeld atm. On season 3, I look forward to seeing him as I always thought he was a good comedy actor.

He shows up in Season 3 for the first time and then becomes more and more of a recurring character. Season 3 is when Seinfeld starts getting really good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Al Bundy cos he's a better CHARACTER than Jeff

tenor.gif?itemid=16280657

Ah here, Winger was a decent enough character but Al Bundy blows him out of thhe water.
    If Jeff knocks out Al after dispatching Kramer then the world really is broken.

If Jeff knocks out Al after dispatching George Costanza then the world really is broken.

***Checks Notes***

It was Kramer that Jeff took out in Round 1. George lost to Laszlo from What We Do In The Shadows... It still hurts to say that... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I dont watch many sitcoms but Al Bundy I always thought was a good laugh. He gets my vote

***Checks Notes***

It was Kramer that Jeff took out in Round 1. George lost to Laszlo from What We Do In The Shadows... It still hurts to say that... :(
    :P My ninja editing skills just aren't up to speed.

Everyone who votes for Al Bundy gets a free NO MA'AM T shirt :pac:

398f65824072e2ee9924c56e28e3845d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Al bundy. Didn’t care about being PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Al Bundy, i think i prefer community as a show but al bundy is a far better character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Al Bundy, he was the best thing about the show by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Al Bundy, tv's unpc unfriendly dad

Winger fails to put up much of a fight and it's the great Al Bundy who progresses to Round 3 in spectacular fashion with a 7-0 sweep

Match 3

The first of our Secondchance Showdown winners makes an appearance here with the Janitor. Will he be voted out again straight away or will he destroy Penny's Happy Ending...

The Janitor (Scrubs)
    rJsT6xHl.jpg

vs

Penny Hartz (Happy Endings)
    TKscB3fl.jpg

The Janitor because he did his best to put J.D. in his place.

The Janitor. He was unlucky to lose his first match last time and should have a decent run imo.

Very funny character in a funny show until the last few seasons.

Easy peasy - the Janitor is da bomb!

Janitor as Penny could be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

The Janitor - The star of Scrubs

• Advertisement

The Janitor, he was at his best at the beginning when he wanted to kill JD for no reason.

Unsurprisingly, The Janitor's popularity following a whopping victory in the Showdown yesterday carries him across the finish line here to with a 6-0 result at the end of 45 minutes, and we must bid adieu to sweet Penny Hartz

Match 4

Two legends of '80s sitcom go head-to-head here, but will it by the politics obsessed Alex or the beer guzzling Norm who wins the bout...

Alex P. Keaton (Family Ties)
    bTV3Wk1l.jpg

vs

Norm Peterson (Cheers)
    9CEmapil.jpg

Alex. Norm was really just a one-joke alcoholic. At least Alex had some characterisation.

Norm. He was a constant throughout the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I will vote Alex mainly for his starring role in argueably the best movie trilogy ever.

Norm. About the only character I actually liked from Cheers tbh.

Alex, charming, cute and funny

Norm. Him and Claven were a great comedy tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Alex, Michael j fox had great comic timing. It's a shame he got Ill, he could have been huge for years.

• Advertisement

A back and forth match there, but the winner by 4-3 at the end of 45 minutes is Alex P. Keaton and even though everybody knows his name, Norm leaves the competition

Match 5

A clash of era's here as two popular characters face off...

Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H)
    JUNcEpwl.jpg

vs

April Ludgate (Parks & Recreation)
    EHABh7nl.jpg

Advertisement