Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

April, her psychotic nature is quite attractive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gonna abstain from this. Wasn't that gone on MASH and haven't watched enough of Parks & Rec to vote for April.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This is really, really, really tough.

But because P&R has the most characters, I'm going to go with Hawkeye, because I loved MASH, and love Alan Alda.

(but April is still cool too)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

April is great, as is Aubrey Plaza but I'll have to go for Hawkeye. Alan Alda made any show or film that he starred in better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

I really liked April but Hawkeye was top class. Great comic timing but also had some great poignant moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

I have to go with the general consensus so far. April is great but Hawkeye Pierce is Hawkeye Pierce.

Expanding on Quickbeams comment as my reasoning. If you took April out of Parks and Rec you'd still have Ron, Andy, Leslie, Tom, Ben, a whole ensemble cast. You can't take Hawkeye out of MASH and have it the same, he is the centrepoint for many of the other characters and relationships in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hawkeye is a legend

Gonna vote for April because a friend of mine in college told me (only semi-jokingly) that I had a personality like her. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I think Hawkeye has it won, but I am going to give a shout out for April. A fun character in a really good period for American sitcoms, hard to think parks and rec, the office and 30 rock were all on at the same time.

April for the win in case I wasn't clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The road ends here for April Ludgate as Hawkeye Pierce wins the match by a 5-3 vote at the deadline

Match 6

Will Alexis get a look in here up against one of the bigger names in the tournament...

Frasier Crane (Frasier)
    kr6aHDYl.jpg

vs

Alexis Rose (Schitt's Creek)
    iTVj9VQl.jpg

Remember to give a Reason for your vote. Any old reason at all will do.
    First to 7 votes wins or most votes after 45 minutes

• Advertisement

Even I can't vote against Frasier here, it would be criminal if he didn't advance

Fraiser because he was an arrogant snobby so and so and still extremely likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sideshow Bob wins here. A staple of television.

I've never seen Schitts Creek (is it worth checking out?) but Frasier Crane is one of my favourite characters ever, I wasn't mad about him in Cheers- he was a bit 2 dimensional but he became a really well ronded character in his own show.

So many memorable episodes.
    The one where him and Niles open the 'Happy Brothers' restaurant was hilarious, also the episode where 'The Crane Boys' find a skull under the floorboards and try to solve the murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've never seen Schitts Creek (is it worth checking out?)

In my opinion, Yes! Thoroughly enjoying it. David, especially, is fantastic!

giphy.gif

I watched the first episode and didn't like it. Does it get better?

Yester wrote: »
    I watched the first episode and didn't like it. Does it get better?

It does, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Like, the majority of people think Mad Men is a fantastic show, but it just wasn't for me. Same goes for Homeland.

Frasier, of course.

It does, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Like, the majority of people think Mad Men is a fantastic show, but it just wasn't for me. Same goes for Homeland.

Agree on Mad Men.

First series of Homeland was good. Next few weren't bad either. It did get bad after a while though. I heard it's got better again, but I'd given up long since.

Cool. I'll give it a few more episodes before I make my mind up so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The good Doctor gets my vote, I used to wake very early (i still do but for different reasons now, little shìt) and watch Frasier and king of queens every morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

quickbeam wrote: »
    Frasier, of course.

Not a valid reason. Start the whole tournament over from the beginning.

Trigger wrote: »
    I used to wake very early and watch Frasier and king of queens every morning.

giphy.gif

quickbeam wrote: »
    Frasier, of course.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Not a valid reason. Start the whole tournament over from the beginning.

giphy.gif

God it must be just me so, I never liked Frasier that much at all. Some funny moments but I could take it or leave it whether I watched it!

Oh Frasier is hillarious. So many episodes were perfect farces.

giphy.gif

Living Colour?

Living Colour?

giphy.gif

I dunno, it just came up in the gif search. Living Colour the one with Jim Carrey?

Just a heads up, that the next match will be the last one for tonight.

Frasier currently has a 6-0 lead in this one over Alexis, and the bout ends at 10pm unless one of the two reaches 7 votes before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Frasier, time to put Alexis out of her misery

Advertisement