Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Frank. Rum Ham

Sawduck beat me to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Frank Reynolds and his Rum Ham get a clean sweep and send Deputy Johnson all the way (back) to Reno

Match 23

Can Abed garner the support of the Community and truly leave Sean Grounded For Life...

Abed Nadir (Community)
    27HIIWFl.png

vs

Sean Finnerty (Grounded For Life)
    QbaZ29tl.jpg

Remember to give a Reason for your vote. Any old reason at all will do.
    First to 7 votes wins or most votes after 45 minutes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sean Finnerty for me. Grounded for Life is quite under-rated while I feel Community is slightly over-rated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Abed. Just for his performance in the Law and Order parody episode. Also his appreciation of Farscape :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Would have voted Clint for the stories
    Frank because of the memes

And ill vote Sean, because i think he was a better character.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Abed for me,

Surprised Necro voted against him, must be jealous of his Dungeon Master skills

tenor.gif?itemid=7365678

tumblr_omc3ghOHh91ukmpc4o1_500.gifv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sean prefer grounded for life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will be doing 1 final Match for the night after this one.

Will kick off the Final 8 matches of Round 2 in the morning (gonna try for about 10am start) and get Round 3 started at some stage in the afternoon.

The remainder of Round 3 and 4 should take us through Thursday, and then Quarters, Semis, and the Big Final on Friday, if all goes according to plan

Sean Finnerty currently has 3 to Abed Nadir's 2 with just over 20 minutes left to go in this match. Still anyone's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sean Finnerty, the Irish connection

• Advertisement

Bittersweet match there as I'm delighted to see Sean Finnerty and Grounded For Life getting some love, but sad for Abed, who was the last hope for Community in this competition, after a 4-2 result

Match 24

Will Neil Patrick Harris magic up a win here, or could Danny DeVito get a second of his characters through to the Top 32 in the final match for tonight...

Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)
    WoHN4FUl.png

vs

Louie De Palma (Taxi)
    oYlp8wrl.jpg

Louie De Palma.

They were both creeps but Louie was a much more amusing creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Barney Stinson for me. I just love Neil Patrick Harris!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louie the little wise ass bully boss

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney Stinson

He is Legen....

WAIT FOR IT

DARY!!!!!

I wish Ted Moseby had come up so I could have voted against him, one of my most hated sitcom characters.
    I would vote Eddie the dog over him, Hell I would even vote Marty Crane's armchair over him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Don't knock Eddie. Eddie is brill! :P

Louie De Palma, more funny

I wish Ted Moseby had come up so I could have voted against him, one of my most hated sitcom characters.
    I would vote Eddie the dog over him, Hell I would even vote Marty Crane's armchair over him.

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »
    Barney Stinson

He is Legen....

WAIT FOR IT

DARY!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I didn't mind Ted Mosby too much; he was meant to be flawed and a bit hopeless, show would've been boring with a morally flawless protagonist. Sure Barney was the funnier character but he was morally a lot more dubious than Ted was. Lily was also a pretty bad person a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Suit up Barney , for that musical number alone

I didn't mind Ted Mosby too much; he was meant to be flawed and a bit hopeless, show would've been boring with a morally flawless protagonist. Sure Barney was the funnier character but he was morally a lot more dubious than Ted was. Lily was also a pretty bad person a lot of the time.

If this is meant to be a vote, it's not clear, so currently not being counted. If it is a vote, speak up or forever hold your peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Barney because he is still legend.....

If this is meant to be a vote, it's not clear, so currently not being counted. If it is a vote, speak up or forever hold your peace.

Oops sorry, that's not a vote.
    Never seen Taxi so can't vote fairly on this one.

Remember when Ted made Robin get rid of her dogs because they had been given to her by ex-boyfriends and it made him uncomfortable?
    Talk about emotional blackmail. Barney was big into his pump and dump but he would never do anything as low as that.

Oops sorry, that's not a vote.
    Never seen Taxi so can't vote fairly on this one.

No worries. Just wanted to check, especially as this one is so close.

Taxi is well worth checking out by the way and a phenomenal cast. Danny DeVito, Andy Kaufman, Judd Hirsch, Tony Danza, and Christopher Lloyd (from Season 2 onwards).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Barney, he was consistently good in a show that went downhill.

He gets my vote, can't believe abed is gone,

Barney Stinson wins that one with a 5-3 vote as Louie De Palma exits via Taxi

giphy.gif

That's all for tonight, aiming for a 10am start in the Morning, for more Sitcom Sheannanigans

• Advertisement

Alrighty then, time for another day of face offs and your votes have never been more important. 8 more matches to go in this Round, but these first six and half days of action will feels like practice for Round 3 onwards when the decisions just get tougher and tougher, and that'll be coming up later today

Match 25

A current sitcom favourite taking on a '90s sitcom legend in the first match of the day...

Amy Sosa (Superstore)
    TdvB6K9l.jpg

vs

Carlton Banks (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
    HLqHS9cl.jpg

Advertisement